Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2009, 03:16 PM   #1

A New Camping Grill

Not too long ago I started a poll on " What Do You Cook On The Most While Camping" Well we do the fire ring most of the time, but now my wife found something new for us to try. It is the George Forman indoor/outdoor Grill. All electric, as you can see by the pic it can be used indoors or out as it states. The grill can be used on it's stand or the picnic table under the awning. No tools needed for assemble and lite weigh. We ordered this grill from Walmart on line, it is not in Walmart stores as far as we know. The price for this item is $64.85 and it was shipped to the local Walmart in ower area, we pick it up last night. My wife had check prices in other places, they ranged from $99.95 to $ 149.99. We are going to try it out this weekend at home, we still have another 4 weeks to wait for the first camping trip. This looks like a good buy just thought I would pass it on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2189.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1352   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2190.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	1353   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2191.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	1354   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2192.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	1355  
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:26 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

That's very nice! We are looking for a grill as well but are needing to go the propane route because 90% or more of our camping is dry camping. Anyone got any favorites that are propane? Even the 1lb cannister type?
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:45 AM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadianbob View Post
That's very nice! We are looking for a grill as well but are needing to go the propane route because 90% or more of our camping is dry camping. Anyone got any favorites that are propane? Even the 1lb cannister type?
We have the Weber Baby Q. We really like it. The only downfall is it uses the tall skinny tanks, like the ones used for a plumbing torch. But if you remove the bottle ring you can use the standard camping size tanks. I'm thinking about getting an adapter and hose. Nice even heat, not too hard to clean. If you want, there is a vinyl cover or zip up bag. I bought my replacement aluminum pans at Boscov's for a couple bucks.

http://www.propaneproducts.com/weber...le-grills.html (Reference Only)

We got ours at Camping World 2 years ago for $119.00

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:26 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadianbob View Post
We are looking for a grill as well but are needing to go the propane route because 90% or more of our camping is dry camping. Anyone got any favorites that are propane? Even the 1lb cannister type?

We looked into this for our previous camper before we got our Surveyor which has a grill that hooks on the side:
http://www.autoanything.com/hitch-be...A4206A0A0.aspx

You would have to install a reciever on your trailer bumper. That puppy looks neat, but expensive.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:45 PM   #5

We have a gas grill as well that hangs on the side of the camper but never used it. We have used the new grill twice in the house and my wife said it cleans up easy, the food turns out great, we had Italian sauage & green peppers the first time and then had barbeque chicken, nothing dried out both came out juicy and tender. My wife check the reviews on the grill and it was rated high.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:08 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

We had an external gas grill on our Rockwood tent trailer. DW didn't like it because their was too much effort involved in cleanup. So we didn't get one with our Surveyor. Now looking for the propane unit. Thanks for the leads. b
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:48 PM   #7

Hi-
Very cool grill, and electric which I like better than propane (although I use a propane grill at home). I am nervous to use the grill that attaches to the side of the camper, we purchased a small habatchi when, on the last trip, the propane line got clogged or something and the propane grill would not work. Now, I would rather just use a grill not attached to the camper so we have been looking around. I was considering taking a turkey fryer on our next trip but I do not think I will, saw a cooking show recently where they demonstrated the dangers of turkey fryers. I recently purchased an 8 qt digital pressure cooker, this is a very neat gadget. I cook pulled pork for the family that is tender and there are never any leftovers its such a hit. I have also made ribs that just fall off the bone. I think I will take the pressure cooker on the next trip.

Allison

dufchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:31 PM   #8
Cyber Phrenologist

That thing looks like it's gonna walk up to me and demand to see my leader.

To which I would respond: "She's in the 5th wheel, over there..."

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:52 PM   #9

Cool Outdoor Grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
We have the Weber Baby Q. We really like it. The only downfall is it uses the tall skinny tanks, like the ones used for a plumbing torch. But if you remove the bottle ring you can use the standard camping size tanks. I'm thinking about getting an adapter and hose. Nice even heat, not too hard to clean. If you want, there is a vinyl cover or zip up bag. I bought my replacement aluminum pans at Boscov's for a couple bucks.

http://www.propaneproducts.com/weber...le-grills.html (Reference Only)

We got ours at Camping World 2 years ago for $119.00

We are looking for an outdoor grill for our Surveyor 263. That Weber Baby Q looks good, and Weber has always been a good brand. I see that the grill comes with a 5 foot hose - would you still need the adapter to hook the grill to the gas connection on the side of the camper?
VAlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:42 PM   #10

We were over Boscov's last night and saw the George Foreman grill like the one I posted for $69.99.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:28 PM   #11

I use the one that came with the Rockwood I just don't attach it to the side of the camper.(not crazy about that)I pull the line out far enough to put the grill on the table.Its not the best but it works OK.
MREZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:46 PM   #12
CampeRooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MREZ View Post
I use the one that came with the Rockwood I just don't attach it to the side of the camper.(not crazy about that)I pull the line out far enough to put the grill on the table.Its not the best but it works OK.
I just had a longer hose custom made for just that purpose. The one that came on the grill was so short, I felt like I was forcing the connection to stretch when I cooked on it. So I had a 36" hose made with the same connections and it didn't cost that much at all. Thankfully, one of the RV shops near here employ a dood that's certified (NPGA) to handle stuff like that so you don't find me pasted to the awning when it blows.

By the way, that's a mighty fine grill there...eating healthy and saving some fuel at the same time.

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:45 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MREZ View Post

MREZ, I have the same one, but I have never used It, It is just setting in the garage. I was going to offer it here on the forum but my wife will not part with It. I don't care for the grill hanging on the side of the camper either for safety reasons, that's why we bought the GF electric grill and we cook over a fire ring as well.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:06 AM   #14

I have a weber Q also and this is the best little grill i have ever owned and i really should`nt say little,the Q100 will hold about 25 sausages or about 9 burgers
Old 04-07-2009, 06:07 AM   #15
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAlover View Post
We are looking for an outdoor grill for our Surveyor 263. That Weber Baby Q looks good, and Weber has always been a good brand. I see that the grill comes with a 5 foot hose - would you still need the adapter to hook the grill to the gas connection on the side of the camper?
Yes you will need an adapter. The hose just allows it to connect to a stand-up 20 or 30 Lb bottle. Someone may have the hose with the adapter to the trailer outlet already on it, but I haven't looked for it.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:16 AM   #16

We purchased a Coleman Roadtrip LXE grill last year and it is INCREDIBLE. It comes with 2 grates that are used for grilling. You can also purchase optional grates for using pots and pans, and a griddle plates. You can use the small propane bottles or the 15lb cylinders. It folds up and has wheels. I have grilled lots of steaks, ribs, chicken, veggies etc. I have tried lots of different ones and this one leaves them all behind. Sells for about $169.
bobby57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:04 PM   #17

I need a grill for trip I'm taking in about 2 weeks. The Webber sounds interesting...I would like to use the existing quick disconnect on the propane tanks. The existing regulator would have to be removed from the Q and a hose with the proper connections found. I don't think that hose exists does it?

2017 Rockwood Ultra Lite Signature 8289WS
2005 F-250 Super Duty diesel
Pourme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:48 PM   #18

Pourme, You just have to buy some quick connect fittings from camping world they have them you also can buy a hose to fit on the bigger tanks at walmart for about $15 just carry extra tank with you
Old 06-02-2010, 08:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy02 View Post
Pourme, You just have to buy some quick connect fittings from camping world they have them you also can buy a hose to fit on the bigger tanks at walmart for about $15 just carry extra tank with you
Don't have a CW near by...I might just buy the Q and use it with the bottle until I can find the proper hose, fittings, etc.

Thanks!

2017 Rockwood Ultra Lite Signature 8289WS
2005 F-250 Super Duty diesel
Pourme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:42 PM   #20

Those little bottles work just fine they will last for several cook outs just be sure to carry an extra