Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2018, 09:15 AM   #61

The DW said "the microwave" when I asked. We've been eating healthier for the last couple of years and both have lost significant weight. DW plans all our meals, freezes and package meats that I have smoked into portion sizes. She also marinates and freezes pork chops and chicken breast in their marinade. Then I cook those on our Coleman folding grill. The rest of our meals consist of fresh veggies and a side or a veggie stir fry she does.

A mini Keurig is also top of the list as well as the collapsible utensils and dishes.

"Red" my 2018 Ford Lariat F-150 4X4 W/ Max Tow pkg
"Rover" our 2018 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 241qbxl
revbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 09:40 AM   #62

Two things get used EVERY trip -

Ice Maker
Electric skillet

Get used most trips -

Electric griddle
kfd82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 11:45 AM   #63

My BBQ and the Nespresso Coffee Maker is a must...
My RV Cookbook now on Amazon! USA or Canada
Travel Blog
Cooking Blog
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 04:04 PM   #64

Kitchen items

Wife here..My Favorites..I use all collapsible bowls, and kitchen dish dry plus collapsible food storage containers, as much collapsible as possible. I use an electric fry pan, a thermos pot Black and Decker coffee maker, it can be turned off and unplugged and coffee stays hot, counter top icemaker, mini food processor, I have a two burner for out side kitchen with mini stainless steel pots, our grill and cast iron pans. I have melamac dishes great set of knives lots of cutting boards.
mchayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 05:25 PM   #65

Keurig or other K-cup coffee machine, but the one tool that stands out is the Fasta Pasta Microwave Pasta Cooker--it might sound and look hoaky, but it is da bomb!
Bigfork, Montana
smo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 10:19 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by smo99 View Post
Keurig or other K-cup coffee machine, but the one tool that stands out is the Fasta Pasta Microwave Pasta Cooker--it might sound and look hoaky, but it is da bomb!
I tried using the Fasta Pasta cooker, but it was too big to fit in the smallish microwave. It would go inside, but was too long to rotate on the turntable.
It still worked, but I'm searching for a shorter alternative.
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 11:11 AM   #67

Hamilton Beach single cup coffee maker. Bought it for the coach, then bought another for the house. No K cups, fresh coffee all the time and easily fits.

https://www.target.com/p/hamilton-be...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 11:15 AM   #68

I would have to say my Blackstone.
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 11:39 AM   #69

Off the top of my head...

Reversible grill griddle pan from Costco, we do all our pan frying outside on the BBQ, no messy back splashes. Adding to that, large adapter hose connecting 20lb tank to portable Webber which normally only accepts small 1lb'ers.

Thick cutting board (not the thin one made for RVs) in roughly the dimensions of the stovetop = extra counter space.

Crockpot, Zojirushi rice cooker, long steel kabob skewer cages (great over fire too).

Keurig for sure! Using disposable paper filters in re-usable cups. And Bubba Kegs for the coffee.

Swell bottle knockoffs for day trips.
JoshuaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 04:27 PM   #70

Only a couple

I have a mini keurig type machine that I put reusable pods in. After air drying for 24hrs, the coffee comes right out of them and they’re ready to reuse. Spent coffee grounds are compostable, so if you travel with a garden (or run into someone who does) totally reusable!

Other than that, our mini instant pot, ice maker, vegetable peeler (can double to shred cheese!), and outdoor camp stove are indispensable!

You’ve gotten some great replies so far. Great post!!
Kjoerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 04:55 PM   #71

Same long handled spoon that I used in the Mess Hall to Swat picky fingers trying to Sample food before ready to serve! Youroo! !
Old 09-04-2018, 02:19 PM   #72

Wow for some of you, RVing is more like having a mobile cabin. For us, it's still camping (with a nice hardshell tent . We haven't been out longer than five days but it all still works for us.

We boondock a lot so electric appliances are dead-weight. Propane only runs the stove (or portable stove and grill) and the fridge so why bother even when we do have electrical.

We have a metal knife rack, good sharp knives, and wood cutting boards. The usual cooking pots, pans, and dishes. For coffee, we use a french-press using fresh ground coffee.

I like the idea of being able to store things so we bring along glass containers with good lids. They all double as small bowls for mise en place and serving bowls as well as storage for leftovers.
tturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:00 AM   #73

Now empty-nest and in our 60's we have a mid size class c motor home. But most of the equipment we bought back in our tent days (in our 20's) are still with us. Almost all of it is camping sized. Our favorite appliance is still our cast iron dutch oven.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:31 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon455 View Post
To save others unnecessary clicks, the items are, from top to bottom:

• Home Basics Easy Storage Collapsible Dish Rack and Drainer with Cutlery Holder
  • Magic Bullet Blender, Small, Silver, 11 Piece Set
  • Nicesh Plastic Cutting Board Set - Thin, 11.8" x 7.8", set of 4
  • InterDesign Classico Over Cabinet Plastic Bag Holder – Storage Organizer for Kitchen, Chrome
  • Camco Knife Safe - (9" x 11") Beige (43583)
  • CHULUX Single Serve Coffee Maker with Removable Drip Tray,Green

Is the magic bullet you have appropriate (powerful enough) for smoothies?
LambPen-1 is offline   Reply With Quote