Old 08-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #1
Camp Chef outdoor cookers

I was wondering if anyone had any time with these stoves? A buddy has the rocky mountain version that is no longer available.

Single Burner Stoves - Camp Chef - The Way to Cook Outdoors

Also what do you cook on it? what, if any accessories do you suggest?

Is it to bulky? to difficult to set up? etc etc?
and most importantly what do you cook on it?

Thanks in advance

ktman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
I love mine, I have the BBQ box and a griddle on my 3 burner stove. We cook almost everything on the stove when we are out. I also will use it with my dutch ovens.

Titleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #3
Love mine also, I have a double burner, BBQ box and a single burner griddle. I have yet to even take the BBQ box out of "the box". I use the griddle for all of our breakfast i.e. eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes. I use black iron pots to make jambalaya, stews etc. and use it just as I would my gas stove at home. It breaks down very easy and stows away in my storage of the Class C camper with ease.
Prairieville, Louisiana
2011 Forest River Sunseeker 3170
campingcajuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #4
Moderators' Assistant
CampChef stoves are the only retail low-pressure stoves that work on the trailer's propane pigtail, that is used by the hanging grill that comes with FR's rigs.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:11 PM   #5
We have a 3 burner camp chef stove (bought it at Costco) the 2 burner grill box and a 2 burner griddle. These are well made. The flame is quite controllable and high is quite high. We use ours with 20 gallon (BBQ size) propane tanks so we can place them anywhere on the camp site. This combination has proved wonderful for group camping too. We bought a Camp Chef cover for the griddle (Cabellas) but I plan to make covers for the stove and grill. The downside to the griddle and grill box is weight. We don't always use all three burners, but having them has come in handy many times. I would encourage original poster to look at a two burner stove and think about the kinds of meals you cook - and being able to prepare all the items at one time rather than first cooking the corn and then cooking the meat etc.
2011 Georgetown 320DS new June 2010
days camped in 2010: 61
days camped in 2011: 37 (up to Aug 1st)
2Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:42 PM   #6
Thanks to all for the comments / suggestions. I will look at the 2 burner model. When we travel its just the 2 of us and a dog so I thought the single would be large enough. We are planning our yearly trip to the dirt track at charlotte and I plan on cooking eggs and pancakes etc. for the most part. Once again thanks to all for the comments / suggestions
ktman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:11 PM   #7
Villa Estate 392FLFB
one friend uses those to boil the oil to do deep fried chicken/turkey/mystery meat outdoors.
One state/province at a time!
Full Timing - Salem Villa Estate - 392FLFB - Purchased July 29th 2010
The_Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #8
I love mine...2 burner version.

I keep it at home when not camping, used it tonight for blackedned shrimp to go with the grits. Heats oil quickly!! Use the griddle/grill for just about anything and everything. I love cooking and eating so we also take the PK Grill for smoking and baking.
HemiCab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:54 PM   #9
The three burner set up fabulous plenty of space to cook or keep stuff warm. Have cooked for many people at once and never a problem, stores easy, and many extras available to customize to your needs.

wood family 77437 is offline   Reply With Quote