Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 05:22 PM   #1

Condiments for the Camper

Iím sure Iím not the only one that does this but over the winter when I go to a fast food restaurant I always bring a few of those condiment packets home with me. By the time travel season begins again I have a good supply of ketchup, mustard, and miracle whip for my trailer. I never have to worry about forgetting to pack condiments. My salt and pepper shakers stay in the trailer all season so I donít bother saving those packets.

Old 03-10-2018, 06:16 PM   #2

So you are 'that guy' that takes all the packs from the bin.
I refuse to open up all those little packs just to get a smidgen of ketchup or condiment which is never enough anyway. Yep, I'm lazy.

We never turn off our fridge, so our big bottles stay in the camper.

Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
Old 03-10-2018, 06:37 PM   #3
WFD

I don't do that for the house so why would I for the trailer? I think a couple bucks on jars of condiments won't hurt me and would rather have a bottle in the fridge, than several packs sitting in a drawer...Heck...why not take spare toilet paper rolls from restaurant bathrooms and throw those in your trailer too?...or toothpicks, or napkins....
Old 03-10-2018, 06:38 PM   #4
Site Team

I suggest if you are going to do this that you discard all of them when you winterize and start over during the winter for the next season. These packets do not last forever and it is hard to identify the older ones if they are all kept in the same container.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Old 03-10-2018, 06:41 PM   #5

I only do fast food about once a year...that one trip leaves a strong enough impression to last me until the next year.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
I don't do that for the house so why would I for the trailer? I think a couple bucks on jars of condiments won't hurt me and would rather have a bottle in the fridge, than several packs sitting in a drawer...Heck...why not take spare toilet paper rolls from restaurant bathrooms and throw those in your trailer too?...or toothpicks, or napkins....
Don't get your panties in a bunch and get off your self-righteous horse. It's not about saving money, it's about having condiments in the trailer when you want them. Toilet paper, toothpicks, napkins and such stay in the trailer the year round. Geez, some people.

Many years ago I always brought the condiments from home but on more than one occasion I forgot to pack them. In those instances I would have to drive to a store (sometimes a great distance) to buy them. One of my forgetful years I ended up with a refrigerator full of bottles of ketchup and mustard.

And yes, at the end of every travel season any left over packets get tossed.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:15 PM   #7

We solved that problem by going full-time. Just keep the pantry stocked. 🤠
Old 03-11-2018, 03:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManlyMan View Post
Don't get your panties in a bunch and get off your self-righteous horse. It's not about saving money, it's about having condiments in the trailer when you want them. Toilet paper, toothpicks, napkins and such stay in the trailer the year round. Geez, some people.

Many years ago I always brought the condiments from home but on more than one occasion I forgot to pack them. In those instances I would have to drive to a store (sometimes a great distance) to buy them. One of my forgetful years I ended up with a refrigerator full of bottles of ketchup and mustard.

And yes, at the end of every travel season any left over packets get tossed.

The packets are also great for saving weight and space.

No, I donít grab excess packets, FF restaurants are always too generous. I donít throw them out. I save them for the camper.

And, yes, the other poster has a great point. They donít last forever. Throw them out after about a year.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:21 PM   #9

Psstt..... Don't tell anyone, but my DW takes the jelly from Cracker Barrel...
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
Old 03-11-2018, 03:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
Psstt..... Don't tell anyone, but my DW takes the jelly from Cracker Barrel...
Sounds kinda like my mother-in-law! She will dump the whole jelly container and every packet of sweetener/butter that is on the table.... in her purse! I just don't get it. I try and ignore it, as it just isn't worth it. So we leave extra tip. I did shame her into putting the silverware back on the table once. Geesh. At least DW knows why I usually have other things to do when we get invites to eat out with her

Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
Closed Thread

Tags
camper