Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2008, 03:31 PM   #1
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Crockpot meatballs

Simple appetizer or snack. I've been making these for years and it doesn't get much simpler.

Crockpot Meatballs:

1 - Crockpot, the larger it is the more you can make.
1 - Crockpot Liner by Reynolds, Makes clean up a breeze plus makes it easier to pour leftover sauce into a container to freeze for the next time you want it. Just line the bag up over your container and make a small cut so the sauce pours out of the corner into your freezer container.
1 - Bag of frozen meatballs, about 40 meatballs in the bag.[ I recommend Momma Lucia ] if they're available where you live but any brand will do. The secret is in the sauce.
Equal amounts of Grape Jelly and Chili Sauce. It takes at least 36 ounces of each to totally cover the meatballs.

Mix equal amounts of Grape Jelly with Chili Sauce in a bowl. You can actually do this in the Crockpot as long as you're careful not to pierce the liner. Use the store brands, cheaper and just as good as the name brands. Pour sauce into Crockpot and add frozen meatballs. Stir meatballs into sauce so they are covered. Turn on the Crockpot so they have about 2 - 2-1/2 hours on high to cook. Occasionally stir them. Check one or two to make sure they are completely warm throughout. I just leave them in the Crockpot and use a spoon to serve them. Enjoy !

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:06 PM   #2
Cyber Phrenologist

Moved to new thread by itself because it sounds pretty good and I wanted people to find it.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote