Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2012, 09:33 AM   #1

Food ideas?

Hi there! Getting closer to our trip! We are taking the TT up to the site this weekend. BF and I (sans children!) will drive up Saturday and leave Sunday. It's a big private campground and all the folks that will be up there next weekend are all friends of ours!

I am planning to pack the TT with all the non-perishable items this weekend. We will all go up again on Weds (3 of the kids and the dog!).

For Weds I need dinner ideas. I'll have PB&J of course and probably some cold cuts and cheese, chips etc for lunch. We can grill I suppose.

Thursday, not too many folks will be up there yet (most come in on Friday evening) so I'm figuring I'll do cold cereal and fruit for breakfast. Thursday dinner is usually at an italian restaurant in town, so that's set.

Friday, again cereal for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, I think the group grills on Friday night under the community tent. We will contribute some meat. I'm wondering what's an easy side to prepare.

Saturday morning we do egg sandwiches for the group. I'll have bacon, english muffins, eggs and cheese to contribute. Lunch, sandwiches AGAIN. Dinner, is a pig roast before fireworks. Again, a side to share with everyone would be nice.

Sunday, egg sandwiches again. Sandwiches for lunch. Depending on if we head home, not sure what for dinner. Grill again?

I'll be making brownies and cookies at home to take and share.

Snack ideas? Munchies that I can throw together? We spend lots of time hanging under the group tent yakking and indulging in adult beverages. Kids are EVERYWHERE and seemingly always hungry!

Any and all ideas are welcome!
SoggyGranola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #2

Chips and salsa are good munchies!!!

Hot dogs, burgers, and bratwurst are good grilling items, and easy. But you can always go a little more extravagant with ribs, chicken, steaks, and fish.

And don't forget the makings for s'mores!!!
2012 Ford Raptor
Camping born-on date: 21 July 2012
Nights camped: 2014-3 (so far!!); 2013-16; 2012-2 nights
FarFromStock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #3

Ever have smoked chicken wings? I take my smoker w me and just put season salt on a bag of wings and smoke em for 4 hours at 225. Better than Hooters wings (well. . . ).
Old 08-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #4

For some sides and snacks how about some crock pot potatoes, mac and cheese, fresh veggies to snack on, frozen meatballs with some BBQ sauce is always good. layered taco dip can be made up the night before.