Old 11-23-2016, 03:14 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
Reverse-schadenfreude? Green is not your color.

Every dish I cook is a signature dish.

But seriously, I have a LOT to learn with this thing. I can grill stuff that will make you weep with joy, but I have never 'smoked' anything (meat-wise ) I'm planning on being the disciple sitting at the right hand of the master (AKA Turbs)

Aww MAN! I gotta wait till after Christmas to use mine. Despite the fact that I found it, I bought it, I went and picked it up and that I will probably have to carry it into the house, MamaBear will insist on actually wrapping it up and putting it under the tree. I bet I cant even get the manual out and get a head start on reading.

Tim
Now that will be a tuff wait till Christmas.

This conversation and those recent pictures have made me throw caution to the wind. Hope this plays out well.

Called and just now purchased one from Scott at the Black Friday price.

New shipment will be in on Monday and I will be there to pick it up. Now I have to call the food distributor that is renting our second house and put the touch on him.

Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 10:41 AM   #102

You all will love this little smoker. It produces a ton of smoke for its size..( I think even more than my full size pellet grill )

I love this smoker! My wife's a big fan as well as she doesn't do much of the cooking anymore when we are gone. We even make s'mores on it for the kids when the fire bans are in effect out here in the West.

We are camping right now and I just put a pumpkin pie in to bake and will follow up with an apple pie in about an hour. Then on with the turkey breast for our dinner this afternoon, about 30 minutes before the turkey comes off in with the green bean casarole. The only thing we are cooking inside are a few dinner rolls and a small pan of gravy.

Old 11-24-2016, 03:59 PM   #103
Site Team

Didn't make this on my Davey Crockett, but on the Big Easy oiless fryer. I love this thing too, and it's just like the name states, easy . I've never had a bad turkey with this and have probably done around thirty or so on it.

As much as everyone has helped with my gmg, if you ever need tips on the big easy feel free to contact me

At the end of the day, it's dark.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 12:54 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Didn't make this on my Davey Crockett, but on the Big Easy oiless fryer. I love this thing too, and it's just like the name states, easy . I've never had a bad turkey with this and have probably done around thirty or so on it.

As much as everyone has helped with my gmg, if you ever need tips on the big easy feel free to contact me

I have one as well 8 years and almost worn out. Have fixed the bucket a few times. Still working though. Made chickens a couple weeks ago
Old 11-28-2016, 04:26 PM   #105

I brought a Davy Crockett home tonight. I have got some learning to do.
Old 11-28-2016, 07:39 PM   #106
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
I brought a Davy Crockett home tonight. I have got some learning to do.

Not much fill it pellets and turn it in lol
Old 11-29-2016, 08:44 AM   #107
cogito ergo moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Not much fill it pellets and turn it in lol
Eventually, you might get comfortable enough to where you will actually put meat in it...

Tim
Nights Reserved 147121212125 ..........My Project Blog: https://cowracer.blogspot.com/

Cowracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:30 PM   #108

GMG Davy Crockett

Put mine together today. It was well packaged, no damage and complete. This seems to be a solid product. I will now begin my self education about cooking without charcoal.

I'm going to cook off the manufacturing oils this week. This weekend I will start by cooking a couple of chickens and after destroying those, try a turkey since the stores will be giving them away.

Old 11-29-2016, 05:55 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
Put mine together today. It was well packaged, no damage and complete. This seems to be a solid product. I will now begin my self education about cooking without charcoal.

I'm going to cook off the manufacturing oils this week. This weekend I will start by cooking a couple of chickens and after destroying those, try a turkey since the stores will be giving them away.

Put the chickens on the DC grill grates and it will be fantastic. Don't put them in an aluminum pan. But, foil the top heat difusser plate to make cleanup easier. Same with the turkey, place it on the grates, breast side up, and go for it.
I Built and Fly - Van's Aircraft RV-12
MartyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:28 PM   #110

The GMG grill

Crappy weather here today, cold and rainy and I am not out camping.
Sky cleared up around 4pm. What to do? RIBS!!! Started the grill at 4:30...

Smoked one side at 195 for an hour and smoked the the other side for an hour prior to kicking up the heat to finish them off. Sorry you cannot smell these but I attached the start and the flip for the second hour and they are sweating nicely. If I can waddle back after supper I may post the finish photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rib1.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	298.1 KB
ID:	135529   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rib2.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	341.6 KB
ID:	135530  

Tags