Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2017, 04:24 PM   #41
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
But we know now!!!
Well, I didn't say it was a 'secret' family recipe.

Now whether or not the OP is getting their answer, I'm sure getting some ideas on things to try from reading this thread.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 05:39 PM   #42

I'd keep it simple too, for that many people. We do the same thing with everyone having a turn at dinner when I camp with my group. When it is my turn (I'm the only single person in the group), I'm all about the crock pot (or crock potS) in your case. Anything you can make in the oven, such as a casserole and even desserts, can be made in the crock pot, including meals like lasagna, mac and cheese and meat/potatoes and veggies.

There are several other things I really like about cooking in the crock pot: 1) I can put the crock pot outside in the morning so my TT doesn't have any cooking smells that linger (I don't like that); 2) I use the disposable crock pot liners so there is almost NO clean up; 3) if it is warm/hot where you will be camping, putting the crock pot outside keeps any extra heat from being inside the camper; 4) if you have anyone with gluten or other dietary restrictions, you can make a separate crock pot for those who need a modified meal; 5) you can prep almost everything to go in the crock pot beforehand, reducing the amount of time you spend actually cooking (such as browning meat at home and then freezing it, if necessary, cutting up vegetables, etc.).

Another suggestion is pizza made on the grill. You can use smaller pre-made crusts like Boboli, have different toppings available and everyone came make their own to their liking. Before I developed gut issues, we also prepared frozen pizzas on the grill that everyone loved.

Bon apetit and have a great time with your group! I don't go camping with my group until August.
"Know yourself, know your world. Change it." Anonymous
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 05:52 PM   #43

15 lbs Chinook Salmon fillets, quarter cup garlic with olive oil and sun dried tomatoes and let the garlic, oil and tomatoes sit mixed together for 4 hours then poor on salmon and let sit for hour before bbq skin side down for 8-10 minutes. Pull salmon off bbq and rap in foil for 10 minutes.
guyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:24 PM   #44

Whitecastles!!!!
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:24 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Throw a pork butt or beef brisket in a crock pig overnight. When tender shred it with forks, add your favorite BBQ sauce and serve with hamburger buns. You can buy premise potatoe salad or coleslaw or heat up some baked beans.

As stated before, beef stew in the crockpot. Almost my meat in the crockpot comes out good and will serve lots of people.
Roast , Chili, chicken and dumplings (use bisquik for dumplings)

Breakfast for dinner.... pancakes, eggs

Hamburgers or hot dogs

Spaghetti carbonara... spaghetti noodles, precooked bacon, eggs, minced garlic and parmeson cheese. spaghetti carbonara recipe

Cold cut sandwiches

If you have a turkey fryer you can do a large volume of chicken wings or even up to a 16 lb turkey.

Easy side is tomatoes and cucumbers cut up with Italian dressing. Microwaveable frozen vegetables. Plain carrots work as a side too. I'm all about easy so I will cut corners and buy some stuff that is prepared in advance like macaroni salad.

Chefs salad is easy too. Cut up some lunchmeat or grilled chicken , crumble some precooked bacon, add tomatos, red pepper, cucumber, hard boiled eggs, and croutons. Put a bowl with shredded cheese on the side. Or you could have a salad bar where everything is set out separately and you add your own stuff. Get just the basic French, Italian and ranch dressings.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:49 PM   #46

Subway catering.

They seem to be all over the place now days.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:08 PM   #47

After reading all of these posts I think I want to camp with all of you!

When we were just at Quartzsite I made a pot of Taco Soup and fed around 14 and had left overs.

Taco Soup

4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts (you could use 2 pounds of hamburger instead)
2 Onions diced
6-8 14 ounce can of beans (pinto, kidney, black, white, red, etc)
1 14 oz can whole corn
1 10 can sliced black olives
2 6 oz can diced Ortega chiles
1 6 oz can HOT hatch chiles (more if you like it hotter + red pepper flakes)
1 13 oz can Rotel
2 13 oz cans petite diced tomatoes
1 envelope Taco seasoning
1 envelope ranch dressing mix
shredded cheddar cheese
sour crème
tortilla chips

Before we left home I cooked 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts in the pressure cooker, then shredded and froze them.
In a big pot on the range or outside stove cook onions until tender.
Then dump everything else in the pot. ( I drain the beans and rinse a little.)
Mix and warm until hot.
Serve with cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour crème on top and chips on the side!
Enjoy!!!
2015 Coachmen Chaparral 336 TSIK

Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:23 PM   #48

X2 on the low country boil.
vp22er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:24 PM   #49

Mama is leaning towards Mexican. That taco soup sounds great. She likes the taco, fajita ideas. That could change tomorrow but with all these recipes we may have to do this more than once. I'm forwarding my compiled list to the others in our group so they can get some new ideas also. Thanks again!
Old 03-08-2017, 07:54 PM   #50

I have been playing with more and more crock pot cooking. I have been doing crock pot BBQ chicken that turns out pretty good. And its easy, I do two breasts for us and that gives us a bit of left over, but for 14 I would go with 10-14 breasts. For two breast I add one cup of BBQ sauce (we like Sweet Baby Rays Hickory and Brown Sugar) 1/2 cup Italian dressing, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 table spoon Worcestershire. Mix well and pour over the breast in the crock pot. 6 hours on low then shred with forks.

I have also made crock pot smashed taters from a recipe I googled that was really good.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:54 AM   #51

Send a message via AIM to B and B
One thing to consider when cooling for a big group is allergies. Most predominant is seafood, dairy and gluten. Life threatening ones like peanuts and other nut meats should be considered.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:51 AM   #52

In our camping group, one of the ladies had a baked potato bar and each couple provided the fixings for them. She Cooked them in a crockpot and had some side dishes. Also for a group contributing dinner in cooler weather - every couple made a pot of soup. Beverage carrying trays can be had and styrofoam cups used. Therefore you had 4 cups of soup in hand and could go back to try others
Of course breads, rolls, crackers and the like provided. First time without communicating we had 3 types of chile all were good (with other variety soups available) Second Soup Night everyone declared type of soup to avoid duplicates This is an annual potluck menu event
twoclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:21 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
Order Pizza delivered to campground
KFC Bucket of Chicken, finger lick'in good.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:38 AM   #54

For our church group I did ham in crock pot then mac and cheese in another crock pot and green beans in another. You can play all day and when you need it, its ready. Cook the mac. noodles before you leave for your trip then just add cheese and milk yummo. Use crook pot liners and NO clean-up
sstaubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:19 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob213 View Post
Mama is leaning towards Mexican. That taco soup sounds great. She likes the taco, fajita ideas. That could change tomorrow but with all these recipes we may have to do this more than once. I'm forwarding my compiled list to the others in our group so they can get some new ideas also. Thanks again!
If you are thinking Mexican you could also do walking tacos with the soup. These are great for a group - especially if there are kids. You start with a case of the single serve Doritos. Then have bowls of whatever toppings you want (lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, salsa...). Its a make your own deal with almost no clean-up. Each person crushes the chips up before opening the bag then put your toppings right in the bag. Eat with a plastic fork and no plate needed, no dishes to wash.

Can also do walking chili with bags of Fritos.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:58 PM   #56

Throw a couple of pork butts into your roaster with some seasoning. Get some good buns and have pulled pork with sides such as baked beans, coleslaw, etc.
crrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:14 PM   #57

Carne and Pollo asada. Other cook fast and all you need to go with it are some warm tortillas and good salsa
Bako88fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:27 PM   #58

bbq pulled pork
Old 03-10-2017, 10:06 AM   #59

A good lasagna is a timeless classic. I also love "easy", such a crockpot or Dutch oven items. Throw some porkchops or country ribs in it with a bottle of BBQ sauce and a can of beer or some beef short ribs and a jar of good vodka sauce, and out comes something that tastes like you slaved for hours on it.
I made a great Jager Schnitzel the other night, all on my nuwave cooktop, that was so awesome my wife added it to our repeat recipes. If that sounds good, just go to YouTube and search the recipe, none of them can go you wrong. Also, check out the BBQ Pit Boys while you're there! Their meals will make your mouth water!
D-Man is offline   Reply With Quote