Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2015, 03:45 PM   #1

induction cook top

I would like to buy one of those cook top since they seem to really do the job right.
There are several models out there and dont really know witch one to get.
What are you using and would you by it again or would you go for a different model, brand.
What about the NuWave advertise at 2-99.00$ with different accessories, is this a good deal???? Does anybody have this model and what are pros and cons???
Thanks
micalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 12:37 PM   #2

Hi!
We purchased the NuWave cooktop at Kohl's last year - I think I got it for around $60 with coupons/sales etc.
I think it's one of the best purchases we've made for our MH, and my husband actually agrees! We use it almost exclusively, as it heats up most things just as fast as the gas would, without heating up the entire interior. Also, we use it outside as well, in place of our propane camp stove, as it's much easier to set up.
A few things to remember -
1. you have to buy special cookware that is induction ready. it can be expensive depending on where you get it (we ended up at Ikea, bought a few pots/pans and they work awesome)
2. The heating/induction area is only the small (about 6" diameter) circle in the center, so even if you have a much larger pan, that is the only area being directly heated. It can take a while for a large pot of water to heat up.
3. It uses a lot of electricity, so I'd not recommend it for boondocking, only when hooked to power or on a generator.

So, there's my experience - let me know if you have more questions!!!
thanks
Garren
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:25 AM   #3

We have 2 of the NuWaves and 1 of the oven.....they work great!
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:46 AM   #4

We bought the 2 for $99, then we went to down the clearance aisle at Wal-Mart and just by chance found the set of NuWave cookware for $66, every place else I looked the set was $156. We love it, by the way cast iron works wonderful on the NuWave cooktop. My sister gave me a NeWave oven it does a great job. I no longer need my crock pot or my indoor grill. The way I figure it is, if I paid for the camp site I should use the electricity rather then my propane.

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote