Old 11-27-2016, 06:51 AM   #11
geezer with gadgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I know of this blog but can't vouch for the contents. A friend just posted this and it seemed to be directed at your exact inquiry:

10 Easy Instant Pot Recipes for New Owners - This Old Gal
Thanks Doug, bookmarked!

757Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 08:05 PM   #12
geezer with gadgets

OK, tried out my Instant Pot and WOW! Fixed the Russian Chicken and it was delicious.

Pressure Cooker Russian Chicken (or Slow Cooker) - This Old Gal

(Fixed the rice using the Success Boiling Bag since that is what I had on hand.)

Thanks for the suggestions.

Definetly will be taking this with us when we travel in the MH!

BTW, Happy New Year to all...

Old 12-26-2016, 09:09 PM   #13
Fulltime family RVer

I'm glad you liked it! My wife reheated our Christmas ham in it tonight. She made the mashed potatoes in it last night. And I'm pretty sure she cooker her sweet potato in it.

I should start a diary of everything that we use it for- it's quite versatile!
Old 12-27-2016, 09:26 AM   #14
geezer with gadgets

Quote:
I'm glad you liked it! My wife reheated our Christmas ham in it tonight. She made the mashed potatoes in it last night. And I'm pretty sure she cooker her sweet potato in it.

I should start a diary of everything that we use it for- it's quite versatile!
Thanks for all the suggestions, Doug. I think you should post your diary. We love quick and easy when it comes to fixing meals. Hope you are enjoying the holidays!

Old 12-28-2016, 07:06 PM   #15
Fulltime family RVer

Tonight my wife cooked fettuccine noodles in one pot and steamed fresh broccoli in another.

Pasta. Poking was my first big selling point on getting an IP as we can't easily boil a large pot of water for cooking pasta. The stoves (inside and out) just don't get the water to a raging boil- and a gentle boil takes soooo long!
Old 12-28-2016, 07:14 PM   #16
geezer with gadgets

Quote:
Tonight my wife cooked fettuccine noodles in one pot and steamed fresh broccoli in another.

Pasta. Poking was my first big selling point on getting an IP as we can't easily boil a large pot of water for cooking pasta. The stoves (inside and out) just don't get the water to a raging boil- and a gentle boil takes soooo long!
Haven't tried pasta yet. Getting our list ready so we can go to the store and get supplies for trying different things.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Old 12-28-2016, 07:51 PM   #17

I think these electric pressure cookers are a great idea. Over the holidays I wanted to purchase an All-Clad stove pressure cooker, but they didn't have any in stock, so I purchased the All-Clad electric pressure cooker (somewhat comparable to the insta-pot, but much more expensive and more for advanced cooks)

I liked it, but I took it back and traded it in for the stove model. I just like a bit more control over my cooking and the new safety features and ability to adjust the pressure level when cooking on a gas or electric stove was just up my alley.

The price is much, much higher, but for me worth it to match up with how I like to cook.

Probably the most significant thing about my cooking is using one to three fresh herbs these days and not using over the counter sauces. Fresh herbs are usually added at the end, but not always.

Hard to go wrong with the new arts of pressure cooking that are developing rapidly for this wet method.

The recipe cookbook that came with the All-Clad PC8 is quite different than the Old Gal basic recipes.
Old 12-28-2016, 08:00 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to NoviBill
My two cents worth:
=================================
http://anunbalancedbalance.blogspot.com/
NoviBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 08:17 PM   #19

If you get a chance, read up on the history of pressure cooking, and how the art of pressure cooking got lost and is now being revived.

Just a couple of examples, but in the PC8-Precision Recipe book, it includes:
1) Beef stew with vegetables. (excellent)
2) Roasted chicken with fresh herbs (excellent)
3) Cioppino seafood stew (on my list to try)
4) Shrimp Marinara (on my list to try)

The All-Clad adjusts pressure and cooks in two phases, steam cooking and then soft cooking. It also has a smart timer.