Old 03-31-2014, 10:40 AM   #161
Site Team
I haven't tried the Nespresso or the Tasimo. My problem with those was their inability to fit a travel mug. We use the insulated mugs from Contigo and take our coffee with us everywhere.

There's no use crying over spilled milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:59 PM   #162
Site Team
Originally Posted by 5 hole View Post
Nespresso machine hands down best cup in my opinion. Makes Keurig and tassimo look like minor leaguers... flame away!!
I've been impressed by what I've read about nespresso. Hope to try it soon.

Sent from David's RAZR M.

2013 Rockwood 8282WS
Reese Revolution Pin, Reese 16K
2008 Tundra Limited Double Cab 5.7L
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:25 PM   #163
Originally Posted by PhotoMaster View Post
I've heard that Nespresso is supposed to be excellent but have never tried it. I want to find someone, by me, who has it. Then I could try it before I buy it.

You will love it! I find the quality and variety of coffee to be much better. Expensive machines though.
2014 - Sabre 36 QBOK
Nights camped 2014 - 38
Nights camped 2015 - 46
Nights camped 2016 - 43
5 hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:57 PM   #164
It's awful for the environment and so silly for people who are "camping", but we have a Keurig both at home and in the camper. I sell them (and the k cups) so it's a good price deal for us and I am such a junkie now I hate all the other coffee options. Dennys has stopped selling Green Mountain and ewww you can tell for sure. Long live the K Cup...easy, fast, delicious, and everyone gets what they want!
kkhslh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:13 PM   #165
Gotta love perculated coffee!

Originally Posted by MtnGuy View Post
Much of the time we camp without power, so we use an old fashion peculator....even when we have electric, so we don't have to carry a 2nd system.
...x2 MtnGuy,

We bought a Coleman stove-top perculator pot at Walmart 8 years ago and it's all we ever use when we camp. There is nothing like the full rich taste of percultaed IMO. When we camp, the local camperhood usually starts the day at our site for coffee... they love it, too!

'05 F150 Crew Lariat 5.4L, '15 Flaggstaff Super-Lite 8528 TBWS...and 3 Aussies
Brookman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:44 PM   #166
I used to go through the ritual of setting up the camp stove and digging out the percolator, but I've honestly just gotten too lazy to deal with cleaning out the percolator after each morning's pot of joe.

My all-time favorite way to make the perfect cup is doing a pour over with a glass Chemex carafe, Bonavita pouring kettle and some quality 100% Kona beans.

I'll also second the Nespresso. Hands down the best espresso coming out of a capsule/pod type machine.

Last year we kept a small Keurig in our rig for guests who wanted a quick cup of joe and a Nespresso Lattissima Plus for when my latte craving needed to be satisfied. But my daily cup was usually made with this: Ingeni Coffee and Tea Maker | World Market. A very good cup of coffee similar to french press, easy to clean, and works equally as well with loose leaf tea.
IllinoisCheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:50 PM   #167
Originally Posted by Cheffonade View Post
We have a 6 cup French press. It makes wonderful coffee! Some may not care for the mess though. We started camping with a popup and I found this to be a great way to have our morning joe. We just recently upgraded to a HTT and I still think the Press will be our preference, as we have no counter space to spare. The Starbucks Via instant coffee works well too! (I am a bit of a snob when it comes to java.)

coffee or DUCK press?? Seems like I saw a nice duck press on here?? HMMM
Iwannacamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:08 PM   #168
Site Team
Let's Talk Coffee

Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
coffee or DUCK press?? Seems like I saw a nice duck press on here?? HMMM

I wouldn't want to be around anybody trying to press a duck. All that quacking would be sure to set the dogs off.
There's no use crying over spilled milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:58 PM   #169
Just ordered a insulated coffee press from REI- REI Table Top French Coffee Press - 48 fl. oz. - Free Shipping at . With my dividend it was free so I figured I'd give it a shot. I like coffee presses a lot but find that most are too small to make enough for two to have a couple cups each when camping. I'll post up results after the first try.
Army Jedi
2015 V-Lite 30WRLIKS (soon), 2005 F150 FX4
1974 Wife, hottie model with all the options
2013 German Wirehaired Pointer (Holmes)
2013 Wirehaired Pointing Griffon (Watson)
army_jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:48 PM   #170
That looks awesome! Larger size and more forgiving of rough handling!

Greg, Barbara and Cody the wonder-pup.
2014 FR3 30DS
(and 2 200cc Scooters)
PhotoMaster is offline   Reply With Quote