Old 01-31-2013, 12:14 PM   #21
Originally Posted by EdJunior View Post
It's just me for the coffee, and I use the individual coffee "bags" (like a tea bag). It's okay, but I really need to find something new. I may go to the small Keurig as I have a full sized one in the house and love it. I think it would be perfect for the camper.
We found our small Keurig at Wal-mart for $99, but it's been a while. It has a much lower profile than our larger one at home, which really makes it perfect for camper use. But it won't take the tall coffee cups like the big ones do.

2013 Surveyor SP220
2010 Silverado LT 5.3 V8

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:55 PM   #22
We use an auto-drip coffee maker, but at home we have an old stove top percolator pot we use in the case of power outages. I have to admit, those old pots indeed make the best coffee!

jthomp58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:11 PM   #23
Denver, CO

Small Keurig is the way to go, with green mountain Sumatra extra bold. Yum yum. 1k inverter works fine for the short time the heater is on...
2007 Chevy 2500HD Classic LBZ Duramax/Allison (Stock)
2005 Bigfoot 1500C8.2 AWESOME
garbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:27 PM   #24
Smile Keurig

We need our coffee and dark roast extra bold is what we like. We've had for years an Bunn coffee maker that always had hot water in the tank. We used it at home and moved it to the 5er when we left the house. Just a couple weeks ago it stopped getting hot and after a couple cleanings with vinegar water and still not heating, we dumped it and got the Keurig with the water reservoir and it works great, even got the drawer case that it sets on to keep the coffee in the drawer. Very nice, no waist, no filter, no stored coffee beans or grinder.. This is the way to go. Check them out if you will be shopping for a new coffee maker.
Oh did I mention it makes tea, hot coco, Decaff if you like it and also since we had our regular coffee to grind, we bought the little strainer-cup used for the Keurig and put our own ground coffee in it for a cup of what we used in our Bunn.
2011 Cedar Creek 36B2 ordered with outside kitchen removed and a nice big wardrobe in it's place.
Pulled with a 2011 F-250 Super Duty 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab and 8' box with a Hensley BD-3 Trailer Saver. F R O G members.

<a href= target=_blank></a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:39 PM   #25
We have our Keirig. I like my coffee DW likes her tea and we both like hot chocolate. Will be trying the ice tea this summer. We also purchased the filter so we can use our favorite blend of coffee.
Terry and Janet
2008 3001W Windjammer
2007 Ford F150
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:43 PM   #26
Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Four Cup AUTO-----------

We use a four cup auto, and a stove top Stainless 10 cup when no power.

I use to "8 O'Clock" beans (OLD A&P), I grind my beans course (Best flavor). I'm an old NAVY COFFEE DRINKER, so I like to cut my coffee off at the spout with a knife!

Like it black!
Sid, Lois & HRH MISSY Terrible 2s SHIH TZU
2011 ROCKWOOD 8285 WS
2014 F-250 KING RANCH PS/SD/6R140/BFT
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:46 PM   #27
12 cup Mr Coffee drip both at home and at the camper. I don't function w/o my morning coffee.
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:58 PM   #28
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
I am the only who drinks (loves) coffee. The DW could care less about it. I use a 4 cup Mr Coffee in the RV and a 12 cup Oster at home. My coffee of choice is Folgers Colombian. Make a great cup of coffee.
Wayne & Susan Biloxi,Ms
2012 GeorgeTown 351DS...2014 Ford Explorer/Brake Buddy
FROG Member
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:01 PM   #29
I use Community Dark Roast. most any drip will do but prefer using an espresso maker.
when i was in the navy, i replaced the navy coffee with this one and liked to killed a couple of my fellow sailors. my wife also has problems with the dark roast.

i like it strong. but u can do the same thing with medium roast. the roast only affects the flavor.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus
We use a Coleman when dry camping...

And our old one from home that we had replaced with a Keurig. It still makes great coffee and does a Yeoman's job for those times we have an electric site.

DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote

« Bacon. | - »