Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2013, 01:14 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJunior View Post
It's just me for the coffee, and I use the individual coffee "bags" (like a tea bag). It's okay, but I really need to find something new. I may go to the small Keurig as I have a full sized one in the house and love it. I think it would be perfect for the camper.
We found our small Keurig at Wal-mart for $99, but it's been a while. It has a much lower profile than our larger one at home, which really makes it perfect for camper use. But it won't take the tall coffee cups like the big ones do.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:55 PM   #22

We use an auto-drip coffee maker, but at home we have an old stove top percolator pot we use in the case of power outages. I have to admit, those old pots indeed make the best coffee!
jthomp58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:11 PM   #23
Denver, CO

Keurig

Small Keurig is the way to go, with green mountain Sumatra extra bold. Yum yum. 1k inverter works fine for the short time the heater is on...
Old 01-31-2013, 02:27 PM   #24

Smile Keurig

We need our coffee and dark roast extra bold is what we like. We've had for years an Bunn coffee maker that always had hot water in the tank. We used it at home and moved it to the 5er when we left the house. Just a couple weeks ago it stopped getting hot and after a couple cleanings with vinegar water and still not heating, we dumped it and got the Keurig with the water reservoir and it works great, even got the drawer case that it sets on to keep the coffee in the drawer. Very nice, no waist, no filter, no stored coffee beans or grinder.. This is the way to go. Check them out if you will be shopping for a new coffee maker.
Oh did I mention it makes tea, hot coco, Decaff if you like it and also since we had our regular coffee to grind, we bought the little strainer-cup used for the Keurig and put our own ground coffee in it for a cup of what we used in our Bunn.

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:39 PM   #25

We have our Keirig. I like my coffee DW likes her tea and we both like hot chocolate. Will be trying the ice tea this summer. We also purchased the filter so we can use our favorite blend of coffee.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:43 PM   #26

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Four Cup AUTO-----------

We use a four cup auto, and a stove top Stainless 10 cup when no power.

I use to "8 O'Clock" beans (OLD A&P), I grind my beans course (Best flavor). I'm an old NAVY COFFEE DRINKER, so I like to cut my coffee off at the spout with a knife!

Like it black!
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:46 PM   #27

12 cup Mr Coffee drip both at home and at the camper. I don't function w/o my morning coffee.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:58 PM   #28
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

I am the only who drinks (loves) coffee. The DW could care less about it. I use a 4 cup Mr Coffee in the RV and a 12 cup Oster at home. My coffee of choice is Folgers Colombian. Make a great cup of coffee.
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:01 PM   #29

I use Community Dark Roast. most any drip will do but prefer using an espresso maker.
when i was in the navy, i replaced the navy coffee with this one and liked to killed a couple of my fellow sailors. my wife also has problems with the dark roast.

i like it strong. but u can do the same thing with medium roast. the roast only affects the flavor.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:20 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

We use a Coleman when dry camping...

And our old one from home that we had replaced with a Keurig. It still makes great coffee and does a Yeoman's job for those times we have an electric site.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:30 PM   #31
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

OK. I understand the convenience of the Keurigs and I wouldn't consider myself as cheap. But for the cost of 1 Keurig CUP I can brew 2 POTS with super premium coffee's like Jamaica Blue Mtn ($30 - $50 a lb) or Kona Peaberry Reserve ($30 - $45 a lb).

Unless the costs have come down since I gave the Keurigs a look last year ... they are insanely expensive at a per cup basis. I was looking at a nice Sumatran (my daily brew of choice) which was $18.00 for a 12 pack of K cups. That's $3.00 more than a whole pound of beans.

I know (and have been told ) that I am not the brightest bulb on the string, so please tell me...Am I missing something?

Thanks!

TV: 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie CC LB 4x4 DRW
RV: 2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
Days Camped: 2012 (3) 2013 (22)
Next Trip: Mission Bay, CA 6/6 - 6/9
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:36 PM   #32

We use a standard drip coffee maker. One of the highlights of every trip is sitting by the fire early in the a.m. and sipping our coffee.
Pitstop88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:45 PM   #33
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DnD View Post
OK. I understand the convenience of the Keurigs and I wouldn't consider myself as cheap. But for the cost of 1 Keurig CUP I can brew 2 POTS with super premium coffee's like Jamaica Blue Mtn ($30 - $50 a lb) or Kona Peaberry Reserve ($30 - $45 a lb).

Unless the costs have come down since I gave the Keurigs a look last year ... they are insanely expensive at a per cup basis. I was looking at a nice Sumatran (my daily brew of choice) which was $18.00 for a 12 pack of K cups. That's $3.00 more than a whole pound of beans.

I know (and have been told ) that I am not the brightest bulb on the string, so please tell me...Am I missing something?

Thanks!
I order my cups online and get them for about .43 each for specialty coffee. My everyday brew costs about .32. It's still probably more than brewing a pot, but every cup tastes the same.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:56 PM   #34
Not-so-Junior Member

Quote:
Thanks!
We buy our K-cups at Costco and Sam's Club and they run about .35 to .40 a cup. Target and WalMart always have a good selection at fair prices. I too am cheap, but there is nothing like a "fresh" brewed cup every time, sorta like the first cup out of the pot...

There's also a filter that works in the Kuerig in which you can use your bulk coffee and therefore save a bundle.
• 1952 Blonde Nurse
VenturaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:02 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

We order bulk K-cups from Amazon and use the filters for when we want to grind our own. Both cut down the cost of the Kuerig.

Plus, we weren't always finishing a pot of coffee with the Moccamaster, either because it was too much or it had gone luke-warm in the pot so the cost difference was not necessarily that great for us (unless each and every pot was finished).

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:03 PM   #36
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
I order my cups online and get them for about .43 each for specialty coffee. My everyday brew costs about .32. It's still probably more than brewing a pot, but every cup tastes the same.
Ok that's a little more reasonable and would make the convenience worth the cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenturaBill View Post
We buy our K-cups at Costco and Sam's Club and they run about .35 to .40 a cup. Target and WalMart always have a good selection at fair prices. I too am cheap, but there is nothing like a "fresh" brewed cup every time, sorta like the first cup out of the pot...

There's also a filter that works in the Kuerig in which you can use your bulk coffee and therefore save a bundle.
I had seen the little filters as well but that kinda defeats the convenience aspect of the system. At least in my mind.

Thanks to you both for responding...I'll look into them again.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:04 PM   #37

Quote:

Thanks!
These little cups for the Keurig are a bit pricy if you just buy and don't price shop, but I've found I can get a big cup and then re brew for the second cup from the same little container. Works well and the taste is about the same, therefore I think I'm getting a deal.. Maybe I'm that other dull light in the string. whatever works huh!

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:05 PM   #38
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post
We order bulk K-cups from Amazon and use the filters for when we want to grind our own. Both cut down the cost of the Kuerig.

Plus, we weren't always finishing a pot of coffee with the Moccamaster, either because it was too much or it had gone luke-warm in the pot so the cost difference was not necessarily that great for us (unless each and every pot was finished).
Finishing a pot isn't a problem for us LOL unless we brew a 2nd...then there might be a cup or two unused.

Thanks for responding! I will look at them again.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:07 PM   #39
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsthetwoofus View Post
These little cups for the Keurig are a bit pricy if you just buy and don't price shop, but I've found I can get a big cup and then re brew for the second cup from the same little container. Works well and the taste is about the same, therefore I think I'm getting a deal.. Maybe I'm that other dull light in the string. whatever works huh!
Me thinks we need to break the other bulbs in the string so we dont appear so dim!!!

Old 02-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #40

Quote:
I have a Keurig at home, and also have an "Ecocup" which you can use with your ground coffee of choice or tea.

Now, for camping, my husband and I aren't huge coffee drinkers. More Bailey's, less coffee. But we inherited an old percolator with our first camper and enjoy using it. Part of the experience.
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote