Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2018, 01:39 PM   #1
Crazy Dog Lady

Low Pressure Stove for Quick Connect Port

I have searched everywhere for this and hope someone can direct me. I want a stove I can connect to my outside low pressure outlet, not a grill, not a high pressure stove that I will have to modify or use with a propane bottle. Just something equivalent to my ancient but venerable 2 burner Coleman stove, but expressly built for using the low pressure propane outlet.

I know this question has been asked before, but the answers I have seen all missed the mark.

Does such a thing exist?
Old 06-25-2018, 01:51 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know of one that's exactly like the little portable Coleman stoves. I had gotten a Camp Chef 2 burner stove and the quick connect hose fitting. It is a modification, but not a big one. Literally just unscrew the old hose, screw in the new one. However, the Camp Chef stove is big.

https://www.campchef.com/rv-connection-hose.html
Old 06-25-2018, 02:06 PM   #3
Site Team

Camp Chef or Blackstone.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny K View Post
I have searched everywhere for this and hope someone can direct me. I want a stove I can connect to my outside low pressure outlet, not a grill, not a high pressure stove that I will have to modify or use with a propane bottle. Just something equivalent to my ancient but venerable 2 burner Coleman stove, but expressly built for using the low pressure propane outlet.

I know this question has been asked before, but the answers I have seen all missed the mark.

Does such a thing exist?
I bought a 3 burner from a guy parting out a pop-up. Had the quick disconnect and mounting rail already (but it's kind of high for a short guy like me) so can hang it outside and hook right up.

craig
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camp092615.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	459.7 KB
ID:	177224  
Old 06-25-2018, 03:46 PM   #5
Crazy Dog Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
I don't know of one that's exactly like the little portable Coleman stoves. I had gotten a Camp Chef 2 burner stove and the quick connect hose fitting. It is a modification, but not a big one. Literally just unscrew the old hose, screw in the new one. However, the Camp Chef stove is big.

https://www.campchef.com/rv-connection-hose.html

Sounds like a winner! One question. I looked on Amazon and found smaller two burner stoves.
eg. https://amzn.to/2tJEWD1
Can these also be used with the RV connection hose?
Thanks!
Old 06-25-2018, 03:55 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Sounds like a winner! One question. I looked on Amazon and found smaller two burner stoves.
eg. https://amzn.to/2tJEWD1
Can these also be used with the RV connection hose?
Thanks!
Unfortunately, probable not. The stove you linked says it's a Mountain Series, and the hose I linked from Camp Chef says it's not compatible with the Mountain Series.

But, probably doesn't hurt to try contacting Camp Chef directly to see if they have something that will work. They might have an alternative hose to the one I used.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:17 PM   #7
Crazy Dog Lady

I put my question to the folks at propanegear and received the following answer. The Ranger II would not be my first choice but it IS at least a solution.

The Camp Chef Ranger II is a great little two burner stove. We are currently out of stock, but we like them. Connect it to your RV's low-pressure female quick-connect with one of these hoses below (remove the hose and regulator that comes with the stove first). RV Connection Hose 12' RV Hose 3/8" Female Flare Swivel x Male Quick Connect - propanegear
Old 06-26-2018, 01:33 PM   #8

Both my friend and I, when we bought our TTs ( at different dealers even) asked if they would swap out the RVQ for a stove that would hang on the rail. His came with a 2 burner , mine with a 3 burner. Both Suburban and in a blow molded base. Couldn't be happier. His is a little easier to store than mine. I don't think we have ever used the inside stove
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 04:20 PM   #9
Crazy Dog Lady

Response from Camp Chef

Here is the response from Camp Chef. If I want a table-top stove from them, the Ranger II is the only solution.

Hello Karen, Thank you for the email. Our Mountain series stoves are all high pressure stoves, so they are not able to hook up to the RV hook up. We have two table top stoves that can be hooked up to the RV, here is the link for the 2 burner https://www.campchef.com/ranger-ii-t...ner-stove.html and here is a link to a 3 burner https://www.campchef.com/ranger-ii-t...ner-stove.html.. We do have other stoves that will hook up to the RV however they are bigger and don't sit on the table. Best Regards, Camp Chef Customer Support
Old 06-26-2018, 05:57 PM   #10
Crazy Dog Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Camp Chef or Blackstone.
Thanks bikendan. I checked both suppliers but only Camp Chef makes a tabletop stove. Using a hose terminated with 3/8" flare fitting X male quick connect fitting (various lengths available on Amazon) I will be able to connect a "Ranger II" 2 burner tabletop stove to my RV. This seems to be the only "off-the-shelf" solution.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:33 PM   #11

Quote:

Does such a thing exist?

Since many outside kitchens now come with small hotplate sized two burner cook tops in a drawer, they obviously exist. Try on line or a parts department of a bigbrv dealership.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pressure