Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2008, 07:05 PM   #1
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Outdoor Camp Stove

Ok, I finally made up my mind and ordered up a stove to sit at the trailer. Instead of getting a gas grill....like everyone else...I had to be different. I've got gas grills...and want something more useful, portable, and functional.

Most of the time...it will sit at the Lake/trailer. But, on occasion...it will accompany us on tailgating events, family reunions, work, or what have you.
This "Modular" cooking system has many possibilities...you just buy the option you want. (and I'll probably get some more options)
There are grills, griddles, pans, gadgets, shelves, bags, etc.

Here's what I ordered:

The Camp Chef Outdoorsman Hi/Low combo: Has 2 burners, one 30,000 and one 60,000 btu. It has removable legs, & windscreen.

The Profesional Grill Box: Sits right over the burner for grilling.

Reversible cast iron grill/griddle: Sits over one burner (14"x16") with removable handles.

A cover:

Now we can keep some odors, steam and heat...outside at dinner time! You can boil, fry, deep fry, Dutch Oven, grill, griddle, wok, steam...you get the idea.
I love the smell of bacon in the morning...but the smell of grease bleeds out of the trailer for the rest of the day! Now, we can make it outside...where it will pleasantly wake the neighbors from their slumber.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:00 AM   #2

purty slick setup
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:53 AM   #3
Site Team

Dangit, now you've done it! Another gadget I have to have. . Maybe I can leave the fish cooker and the grill home and just take this setup.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:11 PM   #4

what does it cost, where do you get it. that really has high btuh capacity, should really cook quickly

as always, thanks for the good ideas

we just got a grille 2 go advantage, lower btu burners, has some nice features, i am a little concerned about heating capacity but havent tried it out yet
Old 05-14-2008, 08:31 PM   #5

Jolly, when you get it set up and cooking, post some pics w/scratch-n-sniff so we can smell how good your meals really are.

What?? Why?? My DW just informed me that our software doesn't support scratch-n-sniff. Dang!!!!

Reese Strait-Line
Prodigy
DW
DD (Darling Dachshund)
jmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:01 PM   #6
The Jolly Mon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwood View Post
what does it cost, where do you get it. that really has high btuh capacity, should really cook quickly
I bought from Kodiak Outback
www.KodiakOutback.com

EX170LW
Camp Chef Outdoorsman - High/Low Combo Stove
Price: $128.95

Camp Chef Reversible Seasoned Cast Iron Grill/Griddle 16"
Price: $28.95

Camp Chef Professional Barbecue Grill Box for 2-burner stove
Price: $82.95

Camp Chef Double Burner Patio Cover
Price: $27.95

All shipped free from MN. They had the best deal I could find overall. These things are heavy...and shipping is a killer from most sites.

The 30,000 BTU burner produces three times the heat of a burner on your kitchen stove. (imagine the other at 60,000!)

You can go to www.campchef.com and read all about the modular cooking systems. They really are versitile units. I can even use my camp dutch ovens on them.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:20 PM   #7
The Jolly Mon

I received the stove and accessories...and put them through the test.

Overall, I love this thing! Very versitile, and seems to live up to all the hype.
Love it's portability! The griddle is great! Might need to get another to make it bigger!

I also picked up an ULTIMATE TURKEY ROASTER:

They claim it will roast a 12-16 lb turkey (no oil) in an hour!
I had to have it! I put it through the test as well. I roasted a 13 lb turkey, but it took me about an hour and 45 minutes total. I think I had the burner lower than what they figured...no way to tell. The turkey was injected with some marinade first, then roasted. The turky turned out great....very moist and flavorful...roasted right on my outdoor stovetop! WAY COOL!

I found it at a home center (Menards) by accident. I was looking at them online, but most go for around $80-85. I figured I spent enough on these toys...but when I found them at Menards for $44...I COULDN'T RESIST!