Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2013, 11:30 AM   #41
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I like the idea of hanging it on the camper like the cheap one that came with it. Do you know if webber or anyone else makes a grill to replace it? Once I get to the CG and get set up I just leave it their til we break camp.
You know I have to throw my two cents in.....

Believe it or not we've been using our cheap "rvq" hang on grill for 8 going on 9 years.
And it still serves the need.
Just this last labor day weekend we slow grilled baby back ribs on it and it worked perfectly !

You can't put a lot on it but we see NO reason to spend the money on a big expensive one.....
Besides I need beer money
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
You know I have to throw my two cents in.....

Believe it or not we've been using our cheap "rvq" hang on grill for 8 going on 9 years.
And it still serves the need.
Just this last labor day weekend we slow grilled baby back ribs on it and it worked perfectly !

You can't put a lot on it but we see NO reason to spend the money on a big expensive one.....
Besides I need beer money
You are right Turbo, It will do the job, I use it all the time being some of us poor folk do not have that built in nice Outdoor kitchen with that fridge that even keeps our beer cold. You do have a nice set up. What I really like is that you even have someone to hand you beers, you don't even have to get up.....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #43
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
You are right Turbo, It will do the job, I use it all the time being some of us poor folk do not have that built in nice Outdoor kitchen with that fridge that even keeps our beer cold. You do have a nice set up. What I really like is that you even have someone to hand you beers, you don't even have to get up.....
"She" knows where the bread is buttered!

Oc must like me to cause he handed me some beers as well.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #44

My rvq bit the dust while bbqin in the bush a couple of weeks ago. Just up and quit. No flame, no propane, nothin honey. Went into town and bought a small weber table type model. I had to get a few add ons to let it hook up to the quick connect on the 5er. It works great and seems to cook a lot better than the rvq did. When I had time at home, I took the rvq apart. The regulator didn`t work. Hooked up a spare regulator and a green bottle of propane. It works. Now I have a spare. The weber is easier to clean. Another pea for the pot......
Pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #45

Ditched the rvq as well.

The Weber Q220 with collapsing stand was the trick and has a cast iron grate which makes for better more even cooking than a steel grate.

Add to that the hose for the Coleman propane tree and now I have light and grill from the same 20lb tank!!
Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #46
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
"She" knows where the bread is buttered!

Oc must like me to cause he handed me some beers as well.
Just to keep you from tearing up my new cooler and the old antique one. You are just like the proverbial "Bull in a china closet, what you don't tear up you..."

BTW, we like the rvq, might be an old el cheapo, but it works great, just like the old one did on our 08 Flagstaff.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #47
Travel Trailer Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefly1 View Post
I like to BBQ and do a lot of Tri tip with all the trimmings and the like so the Camp Chef two burner stove with the deluxe box works awesome. It is a great combination and they have lots of options to cover your desired needs. But, it is not for the occasional BBQ user. It is a stand alone BBQ and the legs stow away when not in use it is on the heavy side and takes up so room.
We have a camp chef explorer 2 burner stove which we feed propane off the quick disconnect from our trailer bottles. It's a very versatile system with the single burner griddle and single burner grill box. We prefer to cook outside if at all possible under the awning so its a mainstay part of our set up to pull it out and unpack it on every trip. We save our trailer cooktop for heating soups and boiling water, etc.

Tags
propane