Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2019, 10:40 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy500 View Post
Doesn't anyone use charcoal grills, I just can't think of cooking a big burger on a griddle. That's what you use for breakfast. A big steak, chicken, needs a good charcoal grill
We used a Little Smokey Joe for years back when we had our own pic of land on the Thunder Bay River, charcoal was all we used, now that we have to carry the grill around with is, we have gone to a gas grill that runs on a 1 lb gas tank No more charcoal or starter to lug around !!! A good seasoned gas grill is almost as good as charcoal, and not as unhealthy as charcoal !!!

That said we will need to season our new Stainless Steel Grill before our next trip ! Maybe some Brats & Burgers for a starter ???

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:47 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
We used a Little Smokey Joe for years back when we had our own pic of land on the Thunder Bay River, charcoal was all we used, now that we have to carry the grill around with is, we have gone to a gas grill that runs on a 1 lb gas tank No more charcoal or starter to lug around !!! A good seasoned gas grill is almost as good as charcoal, and not as unhealthy as charcoal !!!

That said we will need to season our new Stainless Steel Grill before our next trip ! Maybe some Brats & Burgers for a starter ???

I've always heard never cook sausage in a cast iron skillet, it will ruin the skillet. Regardless if it is seasoned or not. I dont know if this is true or not. At home I use nonstick skillet for sausage. Healthy eating to you my friend, but ribs aren't a healthy food, and as far as that goes I guess not any meat is. I guess I'm not a healthy eater , I love my ribs
Indy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:55 AM   #63

Quote:
I've always heard never cook sausage in a cast iron skillet, it will ruin the skillet. Regardless if it is seasoned or not. I dont know if this is true or not. At home I use nonstick skillet for sausage. Healthy eating to you my friend, but ribs aren't a healthy food, and as far as that goes I guess not any meat is. I guess I'm not a healthy eater , I love my ribs
They say cooking over Charcoal is not Healthy ???

Got to run Roundball in 5 !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 04:40 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob213 View Post
Before you jump on the 17" check out the deal that Walmart has on the 22". Comes with griddle,(double burner) cover, stand and pigtail for connection to 20lb. tank.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackston...Hose/179647360

Stand fits both 17" and 22".

With a pizza stone we cook pizza as well.

I'll never go back to a BBQ

We just bought a Blackstone 22” at Home Depot for $59! Marked down from $99. It’s been such a pain to deal with cleaning the greasy crusty grill of our portable propane grill. We read about the Blackstone here on the forum and how easy it is to clean, and when we saw it for that price at HD we couldn’t pass it up! Not sure if the markdown is offered online. Can’t wait to try it on our first camping trip next month!
Old 01-19-2019, 05:48 PM   #65

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Was View Post
We have Weber Q and a Blackstone. We love both, but I will never give up the Weber Q . I think the Weber Q is much better for Steaks, Chicken, Burgers, Brats etc for exactly the reason you stated.. That’s just my opinion. For us a big part of camping is the food. We also bring a Smoker, Fryer, Dutch oven, and cook over the open fire. We love camp meals!
You pack a weber, Blackstone, smoker, fryer, dutch oven. Must be nice to have the room.
1993 Kawasaki KLR 650
1998 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV
2004 f150 & 2008 f350 dually V-10
hiinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 08:45 AM   #66

Quote:
Thanks, I've tryed them. Everyone has them but at this point I'm not interested. I always make sure I have room in the truck for my weber. Sometimes food needs a smokey flavor, and when I'm cooking everyone in the CG comes to see what's for dinner. And I usually tell them filets or baby back ribs. And when it comes to ribs I cant see in cooking them on a griddle. Eggs and bacon, pancakes, yes of course a griddle. But never my smokies bbq ribs.
My apologies. I was not following the conversation very well I guess. My suggestion was burgers, occasionally a steak and the obvious stuff. Never ribs(As a side note I am not a rib eater. I don't care for them) some meats need slow smoky heat. Fwiw I don't care for pulled pork either. Brisket? Love it.

Camp on and enjoy...or should I say cook on.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:11 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
My apologies. I was not following the conversation very well I guess. My suggestion was burgers, occasionally a steak and the obvious stuff. Never ribs(As a side note I am not a rib eater. I don't care for them) some meats need slow smoky heat. Fwiw I don't care for pulled pork either. Brisket? Love it.

Camp on and enjoy...or should I say cook on.
No apologies needed, we always do ribs once while staying at GC . I always like to cook when camping , it gives me something to do. I like to cook stuff that takes some time, slow cooking. I just think the griddle that everyone is so crazy about is to heavy , and all the assembly required is a bit to much . Yes I have a griddle but it is one of those cheap ones that you pick up at Walmart, nonstick easy to clean and only requires plugging into the outlet. And it only weighs about 3 lbs. Great for breakfast and such, but not dinner. We love to eat good , but not saying we eat what's good for us. But that's just us, the rest of the time we try to eat healthy.
Indy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:44 AM   #68
Grammar Pedant

Quote:
I've always heard never cook sausage in a cast iron skillet, it will ruin the skillet. [...]
That's just crazy.

TV: 2019 F-350 Lariat 4WD CCSB 6.7 PSD 3.55, 3,591 lb payload
Former RV: 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
Former RV: 2007 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Former TV: 2005 F-150 King Ranch 4WD SCrew 5.4L Tow Package
67L48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:56 PM   #69

Walmart 17" Blackstone

Saw these at Walmart today.

Is this a special Walmart Blackstone or is the design changing?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Walmart Blackstone.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	195057   Click image for larger version

Name:	Walmart 1.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	195058   Click image for larger version

Name:	Walmart 2.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	195059  
2018 JGC Limited 4x4 w/tow
MarkDNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 02:04 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDNC View Post
Saw these at Walmart today.

Is this a special Walmart Blackstone or is the design changing?
Idunno... Mine drains in the front.

I looked on BS's website... it isn't there either
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 02:24 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
Idunno... Mine drains in the front.

I looked on BS's website... it isn't there either
It's likely a Wally-World only item. Costco does the same thing.

Example: Traeger had 2 different models of the Lil Tex. One part number was specific to general Traegers and the Costco version had a "C" in the model #. Their customer service line even had a "If you bought at Costco, press 1" option. Not sure if there were any actual differences in the models.

The grease trap in the front was a huge selling point for me. I had the width for the 22" to mount in my trailer but would have had to remove the griddle to clean it. I love that I can pull the grease to the front hole and then just empty the drawer. The convenience and function outweighs a larger griddle by quite a bit for me.

2017 Forest River Surveyor 247BHDS...
...Tugged by a 2016 F250 XLT FX4 SuperCrew, Shortbed 6.2L, 4wd, 3.73...
...Joined with a Husky Centerline TS 800-1200lbs WDH
clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:11 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L48 View Post
Camp Chef Pro 60X is a great option. Two 30K BTU burner and all of the amenities. I've been using a similar Camp Chef grill for years and it's amazing. I just use cast iron grilles and make the best chicken, burgers, and steaks. I use the quick connect hose for easy connection to my RV.

Stock is getting limited, but you can get the Pro 60X at Cabela's for $134 and free shipping.

Doesn't meet your Made in the US criterion.

Good luck.
Love my Camp Chef! What did you use to connect it to you trailer? I'm still lugging around a separate 20lb tank for it.
Bryan1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:34 PM   #73

Bump bump on the Camp Chef Pro 60.
We love it. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180210_105305_001~3.jpeg
Views:	107
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	195090
campsmith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:39 PM   #74

We have a quick connection on back of trailer for propane.
I ordered a new hose with the fitting to plug in to it.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:20 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
I just bough a Smoak Hollow # 205 from Amazon,
Adaptor hose for 20lb tank is $10 !!!

My local Lowes has those. Let me know how it works out.

Newt
Newtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:43 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkbre View Post
It's likely a Wally-World only item. Costco does the same thing.

Example: Traeger had 2 different models of the Lil Tex. One part number was specific to general Traegers and the Costco version had a "C" in the model #. Their customer service line even had a "If you bought at Costco, press 1" option. Not sure if there were any actual differences in the models.

The grease trap in the front was a huge selling point for me. I had the width for the 22" to mount in my trailer but would have had to remove the griddle to clean it. I love that I can pull the grease to the front hole and then just empty the drawer. The convenience and function outweighs a larger griddle by quite a bit for me.

A lot of things Wal-Mart sells are "Wally World Specials".

Newt
Newtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:20 PM   #77

I purchased a Camco Olympian 5500 Stainless Steel Portable Gas Grill Connects To Low Pressure Supply On RV, Includes RV Mounting Bracket And Folding Tabletop Legs - 180" (57305) from Amazon last year and have been very pleased. Stainless steel, low pressure (plugs directly into RV gas outlet), can be hung on side of RV or comes with its own legs. MUCH better than the original that came with the unit.
glennrglover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:36 PM   #78

Gas Grill Products

You need to check out the products from Camp Chef. Many choices, good stuff.
cromhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:22 AM   #79

I have the gridel and smokebox grill for my Camp Chief. I can have breakfast cooked for the gang in no time.
I use my Dutch oven fryer for the best chicken anyone has tried
Only used the grill for steaks once but plan to use it more this year.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:05 AM   #80

I have a camp chef two burner with the quick connect to the side of the RV, I use griddles on it and love it. I had the local propane company make me up a 20" hose so I could move it around anywhere. I just plug it in and cook, It required no special regulators, etc. My LP tank set up looks exactly like yours.
Tony1488 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas