Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #1

so, what's special at T Day dinnertable ?

I found a "new" recipe for Crab Cakes, made 'em today (bite sized), Wife tasted 'em and now she says "make 'em as appetizers" for the meal we'll cook for Family on Thanksgiving (not in the travel trailer - on our home's stove) - will make my "zippy" Pink Chili Mayo to go along with 'em, for dippin' - will make too my very good Deviled Eggs (nobody really appreciates a Relish Tray anymore)
oh, and all the "normal" T Day eats, including homemade Cranberry Sauce.....Bill
Whisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
Phat Phrog

Oh my that sounds amazing! Would love it if you can share the crab cakes and the sauce!! I could surprise the DH with that! Happy Thanksgiving Day to you!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
phat phrog stunt crew

company thanksgiving somebody brought in horseradish mashed potatoes. mmmmm good. garlic mashed potatoes are good too.
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Oh my that sounds amazing! Would love it if you can share the crab cakes and the sauce!! I could surprise the DH with that! Happy Thanksgiving Day to you!
I'm so sorry for not getting back to you - I didn't get a "notification" that someone had posted on the thread that I started, but here it is..:
1/2lb Lump Crabmeat
3/4 cup Red Onion - small dice
1 1/2 cups Celery - small dice
1/2 cup each Red & Yellow Bell - small dice
1/4 cup Parsley - minced
1 Tblsp Capers (optional)
1/4 tsp Tabasco
1/2 tsp Worcestershire
1 1/2 tsp Seasoned Salt (I use Lawry's)
1/2 cup Bread Crumbs (I use Panko)
1/2 cup Mayo
2 tsp Dijon Mustard
2 lg Eggs - lightly beaten
butter & olive oil for frying

Mix all ingredients then form into golf ball sized balls and flatten - fry to golden color and serve

Pink Chile Mayonnaise:
1 cup Sour Cream
1 cup Mayo
1 Tblsp Chipotle in Adobo sauce "Paste" (I put a can in a blender, add a little olive oil and blend to a paste - keep in fridge for a multitude of uses)
Salt & Pepper

mix, chill, serve

.....Bill
Old 11-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #5

here is another EXCELLENT appetizer :

Stuffed Mushrooms
24oz White Button Mushrooms
1/3lb Hot Pork Sausage (I use Jimmy Dean)
1/2 Onion - fine dice
4 cloves Garlic - fine dice
1/3 cup White Wine
8oz Cream Cheese
1 Egg Yolk
3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese - grated
S & P to taste

clean shrooms, remove stems to chop. Set aside. Brown & crumble Sausage. Set aside to cool. Add Onions & Garlic to the same skillet. Cook a couple of minuted & add Wine - allow to evaporate. Add chopped stems - cook 2 minutes. S&P to taste & set aside to cool. In a bowl combine Cream Cheese & Egg yolk. Add Parmesan Cheese. Add coolded Sausage & Mushroom stems. Mix, put in fridge to cool. Pile HIGH the mixture on the Mushroom caps. Bake on a cookie sheet at 350º for about 40 minutes (until they start to turn a golden brown). Allow to cool slightly then serve. Can be put in fridge and microwaved for later serving. Enjoy.....Bill