Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2007, 11:28 AM   #1
RAC

Steve's Secret Marinade

Well it's not a secret any more, but this marinade has been in my family since I can remember my Grandpa passing it down to me. I use it on chicken, London Broil, Ribs, and Venison. Use the leftovers to brush on your meat as you BBQ it. I let mine soak all day and sometime overnight. I only put it all back in the refer if I soak overnight, otherwise I just keep it on the counter and flip my dish over once in a while.

1/2 cup olive oil

1/4 cup Soy Sauce

1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar

1/2 teaspoon ground pepper ( I never measure out dry ingedients)

1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

a few dashes of worcestershire

I have began to add a little cayenne to the original recipe as a "twang", but recommend you play with this very carefully, as it is exceptional as is.

you do not need salt with this because of the soy. put all ingredients into a small pot and heat on the stove to "marry" the flavors. DO NOT BOIL IT!!!!!

Place meat in marinating dish and pour sauce over.....flip it a lot during the process.
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote