Recently at the Hershey rv show in pa I saw at least 2 Manufactures
Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1443395565.667843.jpg
Views: 11600
Size:  80.1 KB
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1443395579.042331.jpg
Views:	1886
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	90077 installing 4" bumper mounted gas grills, that would swing out for use. One forest river another Tracer. That said I have researched after market purchasing these, and have found them to be unavailable. At least like in the picture below. I can find them in side mount, such as the RVQ type. Keep in mind that I even resourced 2 wholesale venders and again nothing found.
With that said please review these pictures and comment good and bad if you would be interested in such an item. Also would you have interest if it were available for about $ 190.00 as a bolt on item.
My mind is wondering how well this might sell if fabricated and sold for example on eBay.
Thank you for the read, and happy RVing

Old 09-29-2015, 03:20 PM   #2

I bought a unit at the Hershey show with this grill on it. I haven't used it yet but I opened a thread in the Salem forum here about them and people were not fond of them. Apparently the quality of construction is sub par.

If you were fabricating a higher quality slightly larger "grill only" that I could bold onto the standard swing arm I would be interested.

Old 09-29-2015, 04:26 PM   #3
Fulltime family RVer

Not to rain on your parade, but it looks like someone has beaten you to the punch.

RV Grills made in the USA. Installs easily on the bumper of your RV

Personally, I want a double-jointed swing out mount (due to a 3' deep slide back there) with the ability to mount my own grill on it (Weber Q). AND to be able to have the grill travel back there.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:37 PM   #4

I use Bill's swing out grill and love it. The Weber Q grill is 12 years old and still going strong.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:54 PM   #5
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeandMick View Post
I use Bill's swing out grill and love it. The Weber Q grill is 12 years old and still going strong.
Does the grill travel on it? Or do you have to stow it?
Old 09-29-2015, 05:34 PM   #6

Thanks for all the responses. I myself struggle to find these online but have come across the couple and do agree that the bills fabricated grill looks very nice decent price. Initially when writing this post I was finding nothing except for high price $700 or more. In contemplating options it appears that yes there is a mid price point in the bills grill.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:47 AM   #7

I believe the the grill stores on the bumper when travelling. You can order just the mount for a Weber q as well I believe.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:49 PM   #8

We have one on our 2014 and absolutely love it. It is perfect for the DW and I for a quick grilled dinner. As much as I love the wood fire for taste, there is just too much of hassle transporting wood across state lines.
2015 Camping---"162 Nights"
2016--Moved in camper 11/2015 while
getting ready to sell sticks-N-bricks
PIGMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by john5646 View Post
Recently at the Hershey rv show in pa I saw at least 2 ManufacturesAttachment 90076Attachment 90077 installing 4" bumper mounted gas grills, that would swing out for use. One forest river another Tracer. That said I have researched after market purchasing these, and have found them to be unavailable. At least like in the picture below. I can find them in side mount, such as the RVQ type. Keep in mind that I even resourced 2 wholesale venders and again nothing found.
With that said please review these pictures and comment good and bad if you would be interested in such an item. Also would you have interest if it were available for about $ 190.00 as a bolt on item.
My mind is wondering how well this might sell if fabricated and sold for example on eBay.
Thank you for the read, and happy RVing
I have a Salem Hemisphere with the swing out grill. I love the feature. It is very convenient and is placed right next to the outdoor kitchen. The arm it sits on is strong, reliable, etc. That said, the grill itself is not of very high quality. I'm on year two and figure by next year I'll have to replace it. I plan to do so with a higher quality stainless steel grill.

I would definitely buy the arm, but get a better grill than what FR provides.
Lowes48fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 01:12 PM   #10
Done with this

I have the arm from a grill long trashed. Been wondering what to use it for...

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, mount