Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2017, 03:03 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxChptr View Post
We've had this grill about a year and have cooked everything from burgers to chicken to pork loin roasts and all have come out great. As with most grills you want to cook with the lid closed to keep the heat in. You do need to be careful to keep an eye out for flareups if you leave the heat way up. This grill will go up to 600-700 degrees on high with the lid closed and both burners on. That happens with greasy meats, but that's not the grill's fault - that the cook's fault! Turn it down after you have seared the meat or put the meat on the side with the burner off and keep the side with nothing on it on on high - I find that works really well once the meat has been seared to keep the juices in. That was a tip I got from the chef at one of our favorite restaurants. That's how they get those nice medium rare steaks that are 2" thick but are perfectly grilled on the outside.

The stainless grates clean up well with a wire brush (they sell a real good one at Lowes that holds up real well).

I am very pleased with the Cusinart and would buy it again in a heartbeat.
NxChptr

2016 321RES Crusader 5th Wheel
2016 GMC 1500 MaxTow Pkg w/ 6.2 Gas and 8 Speed
Nights out 2016: 20±
2017 103 in FL
2017 12 in VT to 7/31/17
Many thanks for the feedback. I will order one of these to present to my wife on her next birthday. Last year I gave her a nice rechargeable, cordless drill with a matching set of drill bits!!
Jakieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 03:16 PM   #22

Are you trying to make it onto the "Relationship Humor" thread or the Darwin Awards??
PhilG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 03:21 PM   #23

Weber Q has our vote. We use the outside shower hot water to clean ours before storing. I purchased a small folding table from CW to set it on.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 08:06 AM   #24
King of the Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakie-Boy View Post
Many thanks for the feedback. I will order one of these to present to my wife on her next birthday. Last year I gave her a nice rechargeable, cordless drill with a matching set of drill bits!!
When she starts receiving small appliances for her birthday, a woman knows the honeymoon is over.

When she starts asking for them, the husband does...

2016 days camped = 91, 2017 days camped = 109
Dano1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 08:35 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano1955 View Post
When she starts receiving small appliances for her birthday, a woman knows the honeymoon is over.

When she starts asking for them, the husband does...
GOOD ONE !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:07 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilG View Post
Are you trying to make it onto the "Relationship Humor" thread or the Darwin Awards??
Maybe we need a "To Ensure Domestic Tranquility" subforum.
Summit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:02 PM   #27

"Domestic Tranquility" is right at the top of my list of conjugal priorities. I am not eligible to enter the competition for the "Darwin Awards". Evidently too many of my distant relatives have already been awarded top prizes there!! I suppose they were the unknown cousins from the "shallow end" of the gene pool!!
Jakieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:51 PM   #28
King of the Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakie-Boy View Post
"Domestic Tranquility" is right at the top of my list of conjugal priorities. I am not eligible to enter the competition for the "Darwin Awards". Evidently too many of my distant relatives have already been awarded top prizes there!! I suppose they were the unknown cousins from the "shallow end" of the gene pool!!
Well, me and my first wife, cousin Anita, would prolly agree wit ya.

2016 days camped = 91, 2017 days camped = 109
Dano1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:58 PM   #29

Other than Phat Steve, had anyone adapted the wall rack that comes with the standard option RV grill to a different brand of grill? Like Jakie Boy, I'm looking for a replacement for our RoadTrip. It's not worn out but it's rather heavy and the heat distribution is poor. We're getting a new trailer with an outdoor cooktop, so that aspect will have less value.

I'd really like to hang the replacement on the wall as the RV-Q is designed to do.

Thanks for any suggestions.
chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade