Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #1

Toaster Oven Recommendations?

Okay, so this isn't exactly the cookout, but we need to buy a toaster oven before we leave for Goshen at the end of the month. Since counter space is at a premium I'm thinking a small footprint. Any warnings or suggestions?
Ray and Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #2

No suggestion. I have one under the dining seats, havent used it yet and its been there a year. Its a "just in case" item.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #3

We use one with no problems. Just be careful the housing on them can get pretty hot. Shouldn't hurt counters but rv walls tend to be a little thin.
Greywolfdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #4

DW uses a skillet with the butter pre applied to the toast. The toaster oven stays home.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:26 PM   #5

We Use the toaster oven every weekend! works great, but we have the counter space for it. In the old trailer we used it outside on a table. No worries, beats using the the big one for small stuff and we don't have a regular toaster. Space is a premium. One appliance serving many needs!
David 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:33 PM   #6

We have a Black & Decker convection model and use it frequently. DW bakes cookies, muffins, biscuits, etc...wouldn't be without it. Have it mounted on the counter with TV mtg brackets and it has never moved it 4 years.
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #7

Breville Mini

Thanks for the feedback. After reading a lot of online reviews I decided on a Breville Compact model. Supposed to be easy to clean, cook a 12" pizza, various presets. More than I had intended to pay, but I had a 20% coupon from Bed, Bath and Beyond so I went for it. Got there and found that there is an even smaller mini model that does everything the two larger models do, but only handles an 11" pizza. For $30 less I can give up an inch of pizza and it is a good size for the TT. Thanks again.
Ray and Steph is offline   Reply With Quote