Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2014, 09:52 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Campster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 248
Stick with choosing a wood pellet grill..No messy charcoal, nothing extra needed to get the fire started and no propane to dry out or flame up while cooking. Just bring a bag of pellets on your journey and fill the hopper up, turn on the power and let the magic begin...I have cooked everything on mine from pizza to bacon...Don't try cooking bacon on a gasser without calling the fire department first. These things are duel purpose smoker/grills that are easy to use and add nothing but flavor to your cook.....When I first got a pellet grill for home use 10 years ago I set my gas grill on the curb with a free sign on it, I do not miss that thing.
__________________

__________________
Campster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:15 AM   #22
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Thanks for the insights guys!



TURBS

How can I annoy OC today?
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:43 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
ironj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campster View Post
Stick with choosing a wood pellet grill..No messy charcoal, nothing extra needed to get the fire started and no propane to dry out or flame up while cooking. Just bring a bag of pellets on your journey and fill the hopper up, turn on the power and let the magic begin...I have cooked everything on mine from pizza to bacon...Don't try cooking bacon on a gasser without calling the fire department first. These things are duel purpose smoker/grills that are easy to use and add nothing but flavor to your cook.....When I first got a pellet grill for home use 10 years ago I set my gas grill on the curb with a free sign on it, I do not miss that thing.
X100..

For simplicity and if you want to look like a championship bbq cooker, its smoker all the way...fill it, set it, let it do its thing. ...then answer 1000 questions from your camping neighbors about it....and ive even made bread in a smoker!!!...it was amazing....

My commercial infrared cooker is the only other i use as much...it will hit 750+ degrees quickly and doesn't flare up....
__________________
2015 F350 Platinum Fx4 6.7 Diesel Dually. B&W turnover, B&W Companion, air bags and wireless controller.
2015 Heartland Road Warrior 420 Rt
2012 f250 Fx4 6.7 Diesel crew cab tinted n tuned
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #24
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 6,477
I just put an infrared grill on the back of my camper, and I'm still thinking of getting one to take along. Pinerock had me sold on it in Goshen! Since my house grill is on the fritz (that's my story and I'm sticking to it) I'm going to get one.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped 2017 - 49
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:26 PM   #25
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Hey all,
I ended up getting a great price on a pit boss wood pellet smoker grill.
So far we've done a chicken on it and today I smoked a arm roast.
Ms Amy says it was a very good purchase!

We've only used the "competition" blend pellets at this point.
50% maple
25% hickory
And 25 % cherry

We LOVE IT!

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1411950341385.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	63717Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1411950363716.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	63718

Turbs
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:23 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
ironj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,368
Nice!...cooking will never be the same. Ive never used a pit boss but I hear good things about them...in the end they all make heat n puff smoke..welcome to the club and enjoy!
__________________
2015 F350 Platinum Fx4 6.7 Diesel Dually. B&W turnover, B&W Companion, air bags and wireless controller.
2015 Heartland Road Warrior 420 Rt
2012 f250 Fx4 6.7 Diesel crew cab tinted n tuned
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:42 AM   #27
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj View Post
Nice!...cooking will never be the same. Ive never used a pit boss but I hear good things about them...in the end they all make heat n puff smoke..welcome to the club and enjoy!
Oh I'll be sharing PLENTY of pics!

Turbs
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 06:21 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Campster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 248
Congrats on your new purchase! Log onto Pelletsheads.com for lots of good info from many great pelletheads with years of experience with pellet grills. Enjoy...
__________________
Campster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 03:37 PM   #29
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
PLENTY OF WIND today at the amana Iowa rv park so I planned ahead last night and smoked my ribs during the night.
Smoker held heat all night long !

Checked on them a few times but other then that it was smoking while I slept.

Youroo aproved!

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1412365031514.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	64054Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1412365044112.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	64055Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1412365055146.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	64056

Turbs
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #30
Site Team
 
Kaadk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
PLENTY OF WIND today at the amana Iowa rv park so I planned ahead last night and smoked my ribs during the night.
Smoker held heat all night long !

Checked on them a few times but other then that it was smoking while I slept.

Youroo aproved!

Attachment 64054Attachment 64055Attachment 64056

Turbs
Ok, I call dibs on the site next to Turbs at next year's rally!

Great looking ribs there Turbs.
__________________

__________________
There's no use crying over spilt milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 AM.