Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2011, 10:29 AM   #1

Weber 22.5" Charcoal grill

I am wondering if anyone might know where I can buy the Weber 22.5" kettle shaped charcoal grill. It looks just like the Smokey Joe, with the short legs, but it is larger in diameter. I noticed weber now makes the 22.5" with the taller legs and wheels but I don't want that one. I have a couple we go camping with and this is the grill he has and it works awesome. Short, compact and easy to stow away. I think the model number is 761001 but everytime I click on a place that has it, they show the smokey joe. If you know who sells these or have one you want to get rid of let me know.
jrennich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:51 PM   #2

they have been making that 221/2" model since the 60's....the model # that you quoted is a 221/2" kettle on a cart. are you sure the one you saw didn't have the legs cut down? it would be very easy to do,particularly if you don't want the wheels on it .
i looked on weber's web site and they don't show a 221/2" kettle with short legs.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:55 PM   #3

Maybe I had the model # wrong, but the one they had didn't have the legs cut down. They purchased it about 2 years ago. It has the legs similar to the smokey joe and not the other one with the legs cut. I know I can go the route and just cut the legs but thought I would check first to see if anyone knows where I can get the shorter version.

I am also open to other brands that people might recommend. I just like that size diameter with the shorter legs.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:03 PM   #4

Bought mine a Fred Meyer, a regional competitor to Walmart, but I believe I have seen them in walmart too.
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrotor View Post
Bought mine a Fred Meyer, a regional competitor to Walmart, but I believe I have seen them in walmart too.
Do you remember what the model number is for the one you have?
Old 06-14-2011, 10:20 PM   #6

No, I threw the box away long ago, I don't believe the model number is imprinted on the grill.
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote