Old 08-25-2015, 07:22 PM   #41
I use a NuWave single burner plate that uses electricity not LP like the stove. You have to have magnetic bottom pans, so I went to Younkers on coupon day and got a set of Emaril magnetic bottom pans real cheap. Does not heat up the camper and does not use LP.

Silverback Iowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:39 PM   #42
We're starting off on a cross-country trip. I have: a big old stainless steel pot for pasta, a stainless sauce pan, a small Teflon coated pot for sauces and boiling water for coffee when camping sans hookups and a small Dutch oven. I also have a 10" cast iron frying pan, a small nonstick frying pan a, a crock pot and a pressure cooker. We use Corele dishes and just for fun, gold plated tableware we got as a wedding gift and Never used. Most of it came from Goodwill.

brooklyncowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 04:09 PM   #43
We re going to use a cast iron fry pan, small sauce pan, and looking to buy a electric skillet.
2014 Silverado, 2012 2306 Mini Lite
1 night camped in Kentucky
6 nights in GA
16 nights camped in Michigan 2016
Bae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 05:04 PM   #44
We use a cast iron griddle on the outdoor gas grill to avoid heating the interior of our camper ! Works great for eggs, bacon ( or livermush) and pancakes. Great for steaks, burgers and chops. Clean up is a wipe down with paper towels, a quick spray of Pam cooking spray then heat it and let it cool on the covered grill.
Butch Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 12:19 PM   #45
Reading this post and a newb rv'er im interested in this induction cookware. Magma seems to be the route to go with this and like the nesting aspect. As for the induction cook top is NuWave the top choice as I see Amazon also has a Secura model
jbhodj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 02:21 PM   #46
Site Team
Don't let the hype distract you into thinking you need special pots. Anything magnetic (so basically any plain old steel pot) works with induction. For example, my BIL uses a cookie sheet on his induction as a griddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
There's no use crying over spilled milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 05:14 PM   #47
Tinkerer and Putterer
We use salad master stainless at home and we'll transfer them to the RV when we upgrade to an A and full time. We bought some green pans and ended up buying another one for eggs at the house. No stick, works in the camp oven, on my volcano grill, and on the stove top.

The price is right as well. I do things with this pan I would never do with a standard non-stick pan :-)

I also believe everyone should have at least one cast iron pan for bacon, country ham etc. there is just something about a cast iron pan when it comes to cooking meats
HappyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 05:14 PM   #48
Cast Iron
"Next to prayer, fishing is the most personal relationship of man"Calvin Coolidge
"American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God"Lewis Grizzard

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 01:34 AM   #49
River Forest Sunseeker 24
We just got a Starfrit skillet, it's great, non stick and not Teflon or aluminum. I would just have cast iron but ... I guess they are heavy and we have a little MH. Have to watch the weight.

I'm planning to get Corelle dishes but I can't find a pattern we agree on. We are kind of the opposite. We want all the good stuff for the MH. The Precious. Old stuff stays home.
May 2016 we bought our first RV.
Forest River Sunseeker 24ft MBS WS named "Where's Waldorf".
We will tow a Dodge Dakota as needed. It's name is DK.
Nancyc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:04 AM   #50
Wow, some of these rigs are stocked better than our kitchen at home. It must be nice having all that available carrying capacity.

If you ever upgrade to a class "C" MBS Sunseeker in the future as we did, you learn to live a minimalistic lifestyle and only carry the absolute essentials.

We carry a 4 quart stainless steel stock pot/steamer combo. A 10" and 7" non stick aluminum fry pans/w glass lids, a 2 1/2 quart stainless steel sauce pan/w glass lid, and an 11" square non stick aluminum skillet for pancakes, french toast, grilled cheese, etc. For baking we have an 8" pie plate, 8" round cake pan, convection oven sized cookie sheet, and broiler pan combo. We also have an 11" square electric fry pan and a small propane grill stored in one of the basement storage compartments.

I can cook pretty much any three course meal for two with that setup. Our entire cooking/baking collection fits in the two under dinette seating pull out drawers.

As far as bacon goes, we either purchase a package of the heat n eat or do without while on the road. Way too much grease splatter in such a small area to suit me.

ShermanD is offline   Reply With Quote