Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2008, 05:32 PM   #1

Working on a menu

Well Glennette and I are being blessed with the presence of the aintgotnun family very soon and we have the camp site booked and I was thinking now about the menu to prepare for our friends.

So what you think

Greg please add input from your family.

Wednesday 7-30-2008 dinner will be

ahhhhhhh I dont know maybe some food?

Thursday 7-31

How bout a steak? or maybe a can of spam? Depending on fuel prices of course.

Breakfast on Friday morn as I know they are leaving after Greg trashes the place.

if Greg is good we can do big breakfast if he is bad we may have microwave roadkill maybe?

LOL

Serious we cant wait for the MRimmer and Aintgotnun family campout.

We need to work on our menu I think.

LOL
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:48 PM   #2

Wednesday: Spaghetti and meatball(you can use anything to make the meatballs, he won't be able to tell).
The pasta will give stamina for the next few days.

Thursday: Rib-eyes on the grill, medium well. Flame 'em a bit. Baked potato and green salad on the side.

This 'll give you all a good night's sleep.

I'd stick with roadkill on Friday. Those Texans, like their neighbors to the east, are used to roadkill.

milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:22 PM   #3

I'm good with steak for EVERY meal

let's see....... If you are doing the steaks one night, we will do the grilled shrimp with mango salsa. other than that I'm guessing we need to talk

we (the boss lady and I) were discussing our stay. we may just do an extra day so we can get a good tour of Memphis. ya know Graceland and all......
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:53 PM   #4
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
We like to have Breakfast Burritos (or tacos if you prefer) while camping. Nothing like scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, cheese and salsa wrapped in a tortilla!

Speaking of tortillas...
My years living in TX taught me life long changes in eating behavior. (you know, like wrapping Bratwurst in tortillas instead of buns. Hot sauce or salsa on....everything. REAL Fajitas. Brisket. BBQ. Those Texans know good food!

Anyway...you may know I like Dutch Oven cooking, and we usually plan some type of dish or desert made in one. (I just made a killer Apple Cinnamon Crumb Cake in the DO...Mmmmmmm)

Mountain Man Breakfast is always a hit in the DO, or my famous Beef Stew. Options are endless.

Simplicity is always a good thing when planning as well. You never know...you just might drink a few too many cervazas during the day!

Good luck, and have fun!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:12 PM   #5

Ok I got the rib-eyes for thursdays dinner if Greg behaves himself and dont embarress me.

Shrimp sound EXCELLENT to me but I have to come up with something for my boss as she wont eat them fine little critters that I love.

hmmmm
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRimmer View Post
Ok I got the rib-eyes for thursdays dinner if Greg behaves himself and dont embarress me.

Shrimp sound EXCELLENT to me but I have to come up with something for my boss as she wont eat them fine little critters that I love.

hmmmm
no shrimp eh? catfish maybe?

as far as embarrissing you..................
Old 06-30-2008, 08:32 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDJollyMon View Post
We like to have Breakfast Burritos (or tacos if you prefer) while camping. Nothing like scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, cheese and salsa wrapped in a tortilla!
Yeah we LOVE the breakfast tacos!!

Quote:
Speaking of tortillas...
My years living in TX taught me life long changes in eating behavior. (you know, like wrapping Bratwurst in tortillas instead of buns. Hot sauce or salsa on....everything. REAL Fajitas. Brisket. BBQ. Those Texans know good food!
Ok now. I AM a Texan and I love Tex-Mex food. But brats in a tortilla??!?!?!!?!!!??? I have WAAAAAYYYY too much German in me for that.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRimmer View Post

hmmmm
with them steaks toss in a few baked large sweet potatoes YUM YUM drown em in butter
Old 06-30-2008, 08:16 PM   #9
The Jolly Mon

Not the Bratwurst...ok. Then I won't tell you I like to eat Jambalaya in a tortilla either!

Old 07-01-2008, 06:46 AM   #10

Quote:
Not the Bratwurst...ok. Then I won't tell you I like to eat Jambalaya in a tortilla either!

there is something very wrong with you.........
Old 07-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #11
The Jolly Mon

Yep!

Old 07-03-2008, 12:36 PM   #12

I can always go for a New York Strip and anything.....eggs, shrimp, you name it. Makes no difference what time of day. We try to always include some shrimp. I also make fried rice on the griddle. I always get comments from other campers about that one.

Last year I bought a Wok to go in my large weber. So I took it camping one fine weekend when a bunch of friends were going as well. Each family threw in some type of meat, shrimp, chicken, beef and one family threw in some type of sausage. We added different types of veggies; onions, celery, etc and tossed in the rice. In about 15 minutes we had enough "special fried rice" to feed an army. It was a great time and everyone was stuffed.
Blind Dr is offline   Reply With Quote