Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2017, 09:33 PM   #1

2016 Sunseeker 3010DS, 1,780 miles!!

Name:   Sunseeker Port Exterior.JPG
Views: 953
Size:  45.8 KB

ONLY 1,780 MILES! MANY PLUSES! SHOW ROOM CONDITION!

Looks and smells brand new! Has one of the most beautiful and popular interiors ordered. Has been stored inside since new, we have been very particular about keeping it clean and well maintained.

Ford E450, Two Slides, Full Paint on Exterior (NOT decals)

Big Foot Automatic Leveling System, Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Heated Remote Ext Mirrors, Back Up Camera W/Monitor, GPS Navigation, In House Entertainment Center W/Outside Speakers, Black Tank Flush, Outside Personal Shower, LED Lighted Awning.

Ultra Leather Driver/Passenger Seats, Larger 4 Door Refrigerator, Cherry Wood, 32" Swivel TV in Upper Bunk, Bedroom TV with DVD, Separate Toilet and Sink from Shower, Bathroom Door Provides a Larger Private Space for changing and showering when it's opened all the way and magnetically latched. A NICE plus! Sleeps 7-8, LOTS of Storage.
Please contact me with questions.

We are in Hinckley, Ohio

Our price is $77,900.00

Thank you!
Sancia Buffa
(Note: RV Slides are not out in the pictures)

Name:   sunseeker starboard ext.JPG
Views: 945
Size:  40.2 KB

Name:   sunseeker LR.JPG
Views: 926
Size:  34.4 KB

Name:   IMG_3224.JPG
Views: 927
Size:  30.0 KB

Name:   IMG_3220.JPG
Views: 942
Size:  31.0 KB
Old 10-03-2017, 07:33 PM   #2

Extented warranty also included!

I forgot to mention in the above sale that included in this offer is a
5 Year Extended Warranty with 4 years left on it.
Safe Travels!
Sancia - SeaDiver
Old 10-03-2017, 10:49 PM   #3

Is the warranty transferrable?
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
Old 10-04-2017, 08:12 AM   #4

Yes, the warranty is transferable. If you need more pictures, please let me know.
Sancia
Old 10-04-2017, 01:53 PM   #5

Not sure how your price compares to what you paid for it, but here goes. We had a 2015 coach with similar low miles. We did a NADA book value including all of the options. The first number is the base price. Proceed down the options list, ticking them off. This will give you the actual value. Add to that any upgrades you may have done and make a list. Then, check the prices for 2017-2018 models-you will find that they have gone up at least 10%.

We went through this process, wrote a very detailed description, priced it high, and posted it on craigslist.org with 24 pictures. Within 2 days, the first people to look bought it. We nearly recouped our investment. All we lost was the price of a few accessories. It is not true that you have to take a big hit on selling. With the cost increases of the new ones, a like new unit is enticing.

Fall is not a bad time to sell. There are people retiring and looking to go South for the Winter. You may be as surprised (and pleased) as we were.

PS: If you need more info on selling on craigslist, I can give you a printout that has worked exceptionally well, not only on this sale, but other large items over the years.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:02 PM   #6

Thank you for yourh help!

Thank you very much for your ideas! I would like to take a look at that printout to help sell!
Sancia
Old 10-05-2017, 08:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDiver View Post
Thank you very much for your ideas! I would like to take a look at that printout to help sell!
Sancia
The warranty should be a very strong selling point-something most new/used RVs don't have. Also note in the ad the power train warranty and towing Ford provides. Here is the CL info:

The best site we have found to sell anything is Craigslist.org-and it is free. We have recently sold a MH on craigslist, but have successfully sold furniture, boats, cars and a truck slide-in. You have a choice of posting it only in one service area. However, that posting includes any nearby areas as well, including across state lines. Our ads appear in 4 service areas. I have seen postings listed on one local that included postings 300 plus miles away (two states away). But, when I do post, I post the ad in the least populated area. Why? Because large metropolitan areas have a lot more competition! We still get responses from those metropolitan areas.

This is basically how we have had extremely good success:
1. First, we make certain that what we are selling is in the best possible condition. So we detail it.
2. Then, we take a lot of digital photos of all aspects. Do not use photos with a date showing as this will date the ad (see below).
3. We research some of the major sites to see what a similar item is selling for. If it is a vehicle, camper or boat, we also check NADA and similar sites.
However, we have had instances where we have posted $5,000 over NADA and sold for well above the "book value".
4. We do an inventory and list of all of the features and upgrades. It is surprising what you miss if you don't do this. If there are receipts, add up the upgrades and list them in the ad/or a total price of the upgrades.
5. Write the ad. This is where I part ways with many postings. We have been told multiple times by buyers that our lengthy, very detailed descriptions are what brought them to buy. If what you are selling comes from a "Smoke-free, pet-free" environment, it is important to include this information. If you think about it, you generally read every bit of information in a brochure if considering a new vehicle, boat or RV. Why not be privy to the info if buying used? There are two basic reasons for this: People want as much information beforehand so that they can start to feel themselves owning it; and, buyers will most often skate over one or two sentence descriptions. If the seller doesn't provide a thorough description, they really aren't interested in selling it. Pricing too low or the phrase "OBO" (or best offer) are a no no. What's wrong with it? In the car selling world, OBO will bring offers at least 25% low-not a good bargaining position.

6. We do not provide an address, but do provide the city and general location on the map. Our phone number is placed in the "Reply", not in the ad body. Under no circumstances will we provide an address without a phone call. The last paragraph will read something like this. "If interested, please call. We do not accept texting (prevents spam and scams). We may respond to an email very specific to this ad. If this ad is posted, the (item) is for sale. We will not respond to emails asking if the (item) is for sale or negotiating price. We have full capability to sell this on our own. Thanks for looking and have a great day."

Needless to say, the vultures will still call to solicit a paid ad and tell you they can get more than your asking price. First, I ask where they are calling from. Then I ask if they have read the ad. Then I ask them how they propose to get more money than we are asking being from several states away and they can't read an ad that says we don't need any help selling.

7. Post the ad with as many as 24 pictures. The first picture selected will be the primary picture. Choose the picture that shows the most interesting features, not the typical side or 3/4 view. Be different from the other ads. Once the ad is posted, check craigslist to make sure it appears. I also check the surrounding metro areas to see if it appears there as-well.

8. We post ads on craigslist for intervals of a week and never more than two weeks unless we have a very strong prospect. On Friday, (people that work will do searches over the weekend) we delete the ad. . Once it is deleted, it allows for immediate re-posting. This is a process that takes less than a minute because you have the opportunity to change anything in the ad, but the pictures and everything remains. Click to submit and it appears as a new listing at the top of the heap. There is no history. This is the one thing we have found most effective if the ad goes past two weeks. This has proven itself again and again when we re-posted.

9. When a prospect makes an appointment, we have all of the ammunition when they show up. We have the NADA figures, a printout of the ad, and any pertinent information. At times, what turns out to be the buyer gives a low-ball. We are courteous and point out the information we have. Our response is, we appreciate your offer, but it is worth the asking price (being realistic, of course). And be prepared to let them walk. Example: When we were selling a used boat in pristine condition we had a couple offer a low-ball. They came up when we countered near the asking price, but decided to walk. The following day, a gentleman came from across the state (about 275 miles) and offered near our asking price in cash and well above NADA. While he was making a deposit on the boat, the couple called and asked if the boat was still available. We advised that we were just writing a receipt for the sale. They then offered to pay more than the gentleman. We again thanked them and stated that we would not renege on the offer we accepted. They then stated that if the sale did not go through, they would still buy it. The gentleman brought the cash the following day-deal done. When you snooze, you lose.

Several years ago, we were not aware of craigslist. We posted a new condition slide-in on a paid site. It languished on the Net for months without a call. Our son mentioned posting on Craigslist. We did and within 2 weeks got a sale very near what we paid 4 years prior. The buyers took their shoes off to go inside! We "cancelled" the paid website ad. Over 3 years later, we would get an occasional call about the paid ad. Obviously it was sold, but the paid site left it posted because they wanted to show they had volumes of listings. Never again will we pay for a web posting.

There are a couple other suggestions that I have found to work with CL. With long periods to write ads, it may time out and you lose everything. So the ad is written in a words program and saved. It is then cut and pasted into CL. Also, CL gets a little funky at times and loses everything. But if you can get the wording and one picture (no matter how raw the information), CL will put it into "saved draft" and it can be recovered.

NOTE: We have a copy of the ad that we used to sell the Sunseeker. If you would want to modify it for yours, please request it via the private side.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDiver View Post
Sancia
A copy of the ad and other info was sent on the private side. Let me know if you got it.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:54 PM   #9

Very nice rig!
When I sold my last motor home, with all the scammers, I had them meet me at my bank and do an electronic transfer to my account.
After talking to my bank, they told me that was about the only way they could make sure the payment was "real".
So, the buyers didn't get the keys until my bank said OK.
Once that was done, we took the rig to my house and I spent several hours going over everything I could think of with the new owners.

My point is BE CAREFUL about how you are paid. Even a cashiers check can be bad. Have your bank check how ever you get the payment to make sure it is valid before you give up your keys.

Tags
sunseeker