Old 06-10-2015, 09:38 PM   #1401
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIDE OUT View Post
I don't think it is a matter of joking and ribbing I think he would like to make and ship poles to everyone but it is to expensive and to many problems with shippers and he feels pressured in to doing so with all the comments that's the kind of guy he is
X2......While we don't know what's going on in his 'off forum' life, and have had joked with him, some people are hard to get a read on... for me, and I don't say this lightly, My feeling is he's a straight shooter and I'm going to pull 2300 miles just to meet him, if he's still going to Nashville.....For those of us that like to post, and meet people and share our lives in print, there are alot of people on here that I'd like to meet in person. Some times I think the person receiving a comment needs to think about the posters intent, serious or joking.......we all have pressures to deal with.......just don't take everything personal. as for shipping poles, if I could get 25 sets, I'm willing to pick 'em up at his place and deliver on my way back here if there were orders.

Old 06-10-2015, 09:45 PM   #1402

Awning pole hold down kit

Well said Bob. Last year I felt like a stupid little kid I was so excited to meet folks I had talked to in this forum. I wasn't disappointed a single time. A great bunch of folks on here. If I have ever had a issue with anyone it was usually because the printed word for me is difficult to get sentiment communicated. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again this year. I certainly hope that OC is there I enjoyed meeting him and his wife last year although we didn't get a chance to visit much. It's amazing how busy you are at the rally.

Old 06-10-2015, 09:55 PM   #1403
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
OC, how many sets of poles will you have at Goshen to sell?
We will not be going to Goshen this year and I DO NOT HAVE ANY POLES, I have one kit left and may have some parts depending on Butler Built's scheduling.

We will be going to N'ville, whether we stay or not is still up in the air. TOWTA is still trying to make up her other mind as to whether stop for a night or just drop off the poles and go on to Arkansas.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:48 AM   #1404

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
We will not be going to Goshen this year and I DO NOT HAVE ANY POLES, I have one kit left and may have some parts depending on Butler Built's scheduling.

We will be going to N'ville, whether we stay or not is still up in the air. TOWTA is still trying to make up her other mind as to whether stop for a night or just drop off the poles and go on to Arkansas.
Remember I can transport poles from NC to Nashville and or Goshen for you if needed.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:58 AM   #1405
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Remember I can transport poles from NC to Nashville and or Goshen for you if needed.
Thanks dblr, I will let her know. It may influence her decision making.

I only have 2 sets for N'ville.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:00 AM   #1406

Quote:
Thanks dblr, I will let her know. It may influence her decision making.

I only have 2 sets for N'ville.
OK no problem and you know where to find me, will be in touch in July.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:49 PM   #1407
Mod free 5er

Got a call from Butler Built, they are going to try to squeeze and hour cutting time in during lunch tomorrow. Will know something about parts around 1:30. Hopefully they will be able to do it as the last kit is in the mailbox for pickup tomorrow.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:47 PM   #1408
Mod free 5er

Yea, I think, have to go get parts at Butler Built, now the work begins. De-slag, break out 104 parts, grind break out off, drill 364 holes, chamfer 728 holes, bend 104 parts, stamp 104 parts, bead blast 104 parts and then turn them over to TOWTA for bagging parts and hardware. Going to be a busy weekend.
Old 06-13-2015, 05:22 AM   #1409

Quote:
Yea, I think, have to go get parts at Butler Built, now the work begins. De-slag, break out 104 parts, grind break out off, drill 364 holes, chamfer 728 holes, bend 104 parts, stamp 104 parts, bead blast 104 parts and then turn them over to TOWTA for bagging parts and hardware. Going to be a busy weekend.
Well back in business again...
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 09:12 AM   #1410
Site Team

I installed my D & D kit yesterday along with my DIY poles... finished just 45 minutes before a minor hail/thunderstorm event. The only problems I had in the storm was 1.) my milk-toast tent stakes pulled up a little after the dirt got wet and 2.) I had a good deal of buzzing/groaning in the awning material, supports and tie down straps when the wind gusted. I should have rolled in the awning before the storm hit but we had no idea of its strength - which wasn't enough to make me worry OR to go out and unstrap the awning.

Thanks, OC and D & D!

Nights Camped: 2013 = 49 / 2014 = 74 / 2015 = 74 / 2016 = 85 (booked = 00, boo!)
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, modifications