Old 04-04-2014, 10:13 AM   #271

Here's the poles I made over the winter. Please note that these have not been tested... So later this summer you might see these on YouTube under "awning poles total fail". On the painters pole, I took out the male end, drilled out the hole and slipped through a locking pin for the upper bracket. I also drilled some holes between each of the existing holes for more height adjustments. For the bottom I bought two Hoellander aluminum floor/wall flanges (yes... Pricey)... Drilled it and the pole and slipped in another lock pin. I went with a size larger than needed on the flange to allow some movement on un-level ground. The "plan" is to use tent stakes in the corners under zero/light wind conditions... And if the wind picks up a little, add the tie downs. I plan on taking these off the camper for travel... Thus, no lower brackets.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1396620592.748160.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	49100Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1396620609.090518.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	49101Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1396620625.124296.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	49102

Old 04-04-2014, 04:44 PM   #272
Mod free 5er

Down to 7 sets left which have the 2-1/2" alum tread plate pole pads included at no extra charge. PM me for details.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:12 PM   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Down to 7 sets left which have the 2-1/2" alum tread plate pole pads included at no extra charge. PM me for details.
Your old round bottoms work great on grass or dirt. But I found that if you put them on the cheap plastic rugs and secure them as I was taught by the MASTER you really do need to put either a plastic block or a small piece of wood under it. Other then that it will cut the rug. My set up I really only need one because I have 2 different size awnings . The main awning 1 leg gets a block under it but the small one clears the rug. That's the one I run into all the time when my wife sneaks that damn rum in my coke a cola or my coffee mug like OC's. It's not a big deal to do. Even through I had to pay $600.00 for the poles (2 Sets) and one came polished thanks to Lovey. You just can't beat them. I can testify that I had no problem on the water camping with 40 mph blowing. People where all scrambling around me pulling there's in and I just sat there drinking my coffee. Since OC is not going to Goshen, Daisy I will polish your poles for my bud, so you can't say he broke his promise to you. You can take what that man say's to the bank and gain interest on top of it. Don't rain on the OLD GOATS parade........
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:39 PM   #274
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
...Even through I had to pay $600.00 for the poles (2 Sets) and one came polished thanks to TOWTA...

Yeah, and the bill was $800 and you still owe me $200 and that didn't include installing them and the 2 awning locks or the reinforcing of the rear stab jacks.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:35 PM   #275

These are very well made. I am glad I secured a set before they got gone. The OldCoot does excellent work.
campdohbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:38 PM   #276
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by campdohbrew View Post
These are very well made. I am glad I secured a set before they got gone. The OldCoot does excellent work.
Thanks,
Old 04-06-2014, 06:48 PM   #277
Mod free 5er

Down to 4 kits left.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:32 AM   #278
Mod free 5er

Guess the rush is over with 4 left and no inquiries. Good indication that no need to have more brackets cut out.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:09 AM   #279

Hello OC,

The rush may be over for now but I would be willing to bet that once they are seen at the campgrounds and rallies the orders will pick up. RV'rs of other makes that don't read these threads will want to know where some of us got these brackets. I for one will be happy to pass on your e-mail if that's ok with you.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:13 AM   #280
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by presley01 View Post
Hello OC,

The rush may be over for now but I would be willing to bet that once they are seen at the campgrounds and rallies the orders will pick up. RV'rs of other makes that don't read these threads will want to know where some of us got these brackets. I for one will be happy to pass on your e-mail if that's ok with you.
Go right ahead.

Tags
awning, modifications