Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2008, 07:42 PM   #1

For sale: 2008 Rockwood 2605 travel trailer w/ slideout (Saylorsburg, PA)

Last fall my wife and I purchased a 2008 Rockwood 2605 travel trailer. We checked pretty much every option on the option sheet (* indicates standard equipment, the rest are paid options):

* RVIA Seal*
* Stabilizer Jacks*
* Second Door*
* Gas Oven
* Microwave Oven
* TV Antenna w/Cable Hook-up*
* Heated Holding Tanks
* 13.5K BTU Ducted Air Conditioner
* Awning
* Spare Tire w/Carrier & Cover
* Rear Ladder
* LCD TV w/5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound
* Gas/Electric Water Heater
* Theatre Sound
* 14 inch Aluminum Wheels
* 1/2 Sliding Trunk Storage
* Carbon Monoxide Detector*
* Heated Mattress*
* Water Purifier*
* Create-A-Breeze Bath Vent*
* 12V Deep Cycle Battery*
* Outside Speakers
* Outside Shower
* 15 inch LCD TV
* Roof Vent Covers (2)
* Rain Gutters (Prevents Black Streaks)
* Small Slideout Awning
* Electric Tongue Jack

We also had the Maxx-Air caps converted to a flip-up type for easy maintenance.

This trailer sleeps six (queen bad, dinette converts to a bed, sofa converts to a bed). We originally had very grandiose plans to have our friends camping with us. In practice, none of our friends were really interested in that. We took delivery of the trailer in September, used it for exactly two weekends, then we had to park it for the winter. My wife and I have come to the conclusion that we should have gotten a Surveyor SV249 instead, as we prefer that floorplan with the jackbed.

Click here to see the 2008 Rockwood brochure where you can check out the standard equipment and the 2605 floorplan. With the slideout extended, it's very roomy. We especially liked that the bathroom is next to the bedroom and not in the kitchen.

I have a Hensley Arrow hitch installed onto the trailer for towing:

Hensley Manufacturing website

If you are familiar with towing equipment, you already know that this $3000 hitch is worth every single penny. It uses a special four-bar pivot linkage that geometrically prevents sway from ever happening in first place, rather than just controlling it once it happens. We towed this trailer with our Jeep Liberty CRD (diesel) and it was very stable. There is no way I could have towed this trailer with any other hitch. One advantage of the Hensley is that most of it installs onto the trailer itself and remains there, which means you don't need to worry about getting yourself greasy on setting up weight distribution bars or chains every time you hitch or unhitch. Since the hitch is already installed on the trailer, I would prefer to sell it with the hitch installed.

I had the safety chains upgraded to stronger, beefier chain links. I had two 20lb tanks put on the front instead of two 30lb tanks to keep the tongue weight reasonable. The tongue weight on this model is a mere 350lbs, which makes for a very easy tow. This is one of the easiest tongue weights to tow of any of the Rockwood trailers in the lineup. The dry weight of the trailer including all options is 4600lbs. With our gear in it, the trailer weighs 5020lbs.

Over the winter, we had a tree branch break from snow weight and fall into the trailer. It left two small creases about 1-2" long on both sides of the roofline. The roofing material was slightly opened along these creases. The local RV shop came and gave me an estimate to patch both creases. I asked what the best possible repair was, and he said it would involve removing all the side moldings and roof moldings, running a full-length patch down both sides to permanently join it to the original rubber roof, then reinstall all the moldings back on top of the full-length patch strip. I had him make this repair instead. (As you can tell, I don't cut any corners.) I wouldn't be surprised if this roof is now better than new, since it is now doubly reinforced along both sides of the entire roofline to laugh away any future angry tree branches.

I will include all instruction manuals and literature that came with the trailer.

I am asking $16.5k for this heavily-optioned 2008 trailer in ready-to-travel condition. This is a great deal for a 2008 trailer which has only been used twice. I will include the Hensley Arrow hitch (and I'll throw in the Hensley orange velcro-on rain cover I bought) for an additional $1500, which is half of what I paid for the hitch last fall when I bought it brand new. I encourage you to give me a call and schedule a time to come check it out, kick the tires, try the slideout, etc. Below, I have included some pictures from when we first brought it home, and from our two camping weekends:

the 2605 comes home!

camping trip #1

camping trip #2

If interested or if you have any questions, please email me at chrispitude (at) gmail.com.

- Chris

Old 05-12-2008, 04:31 PM   #2

Price reduced to $15,800, more/better pictures at:

http://www.chrispitude.net/index.php...&dispsize=1024

- Chris