Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-25-2015, 09:18 AM   #1

Forest River FR3 30DS 2016 model

Selling our Forest River FR3 motorhome due to my husband's death. Very low mileage (3900), in as new condition, is stored in a covered storage currently. Has been driven up until August of this year, is winterized. Non smokers. Will leave all accessories such as towing bar, large outdoor mat, Garmin GPS system, cleaning brushes, grill, camping chairs, etc. Asking 89000. . I will also check for messages via this thread.

Price lowered by OP to $80,000. See post #25:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edder B View Post
Thanks everyone for their input in regards to selling our FR3 30DS 2016 motor home! I followed advice and lowered the price to $80000 and also advertised in a RV trader. Thanks again.
Old 12-25-2015, 03:48 PM   #2

With all due respect, I say on behalf of your Forest River fellow RV family, we are sorry for your loss.

Please post photos and definitive information regarding your RV. It is extremely difficult for potential buyers to measure your asking price against fair market value. Also, you need to assess if your asking price is reasonable for a buyer to step up to a private sale versus a dealer purchase.
( always state your vehicle location, there is a cost to travel! )
There are numerous resources to help you via the internet. RVTrader.com and similar sites will reflect what price range others are trying to get.

The ad information and presentation will get you past first browse. A fair price for a used unit, albeit, 2016, may be the persuader.

Should you decide CONSIGNMENT is a method; PLEASE consult a reputable lawyer to review all documentation and safety and soundness ( integrity and financial ) of any dealer no matter WHAT ANYONE TELLS YOU.

I only share this partial info so you do not step in a hole! I am 73; have a very detailed living will for my spouse to follow on unwanted assets including my truck; big motorcycles and new 36 ft fifth wheel.

Good luck and future best wishes.
I have 36 years of vehicle sales and finance (retired). I am NOT offering any further information. Just get professional legal help.
Old 12-25-2015, 07:20 PM   #3

Hello and thank you for your advice. I actually did consider consignment. The dealership we bought the motor home from was less than compassionate and mentioned that they are not interested and will not have space. I called several more and never got a call back. Thanks again.
Old 12-27-2015, 04:43 PM   #4

Although I can't offer you any advice on selling, I do offer my condolences to you and your family
Old 12-27-2015, 06:16 PM   #5

First, let me say how terribly sorry we are for your loss!

I don't know if this helps, but my guess is that if you were able to price more aggressively the dealerships would be more interested. I don't know your situation, but I know when we've sold vehicles to dealerships, when we could price it closer to trade-in value they were far more receptive.

Wishing you all the best.

Kellie & Bill
Old 12-28-2015, 01:10 PM   #6

Please accept our condolences also.

There is a company ( don['t know the name) that will market it for you. I was just doing some searching for "in cast I needed to do what you are doing" and Christy at 402.403.517 made me a reasonable deal to sell our 5 th wheel for a flat rate of about $500+ , I have no more detail. She was located in the mid west somewhere.

Samc,
Orange City FL
Old 12-28-2015, 02:07 PM   #7

Edder B. Just wondering where is it?
Old 12-28-2015, 03:12 PM   #8
jkoenig24

Condolences on your loss. If it hasn't sold yet, have you listed it on RVTrader.com: RV Sales - Class A, B, C Motorhomes, Travel Trailers, & Pop Up Camper RVs For Sale ? A basic listing runs about $20.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:22 PM   #9
Air Force Retiree

My sorrow goes out to you. But, I know you don't want to hear this, but to get someone interested your going to lower your price to a maximum of $79,000 to get any one interested. New 2016s are listing on sale now at under $85,000. The accessories you have to go with it are nice but won't add much to the attraction of a buyer.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:32 PM   #10
Maron

Send a message via Yahoo to Maron
Try PP&L in Houston Texas. We had our TT valued there and their resale estimate was 40% higher then what the dealership we bought it from was willing to give us on a trade.
Now you have to understand the price they gave me was the price they would list it at on a consignment sale. No guarantees you would get that. Their fee for doing that. Is 10%. That includes their advertising expense as well as their sales Expense.
They also have the ability to finance t sale of your vehicle to the new buyer.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:38 PM   #11
KJPapa

I can also recommend PPL in Houston if you want to consider a consignment sale. I have bought through them, sold through them, and used their shop for repairs. I have always been satisfied with their service. You can find them at pplmotorhomes.com. They also have locations in Cleburne, TX and in New Bransfels, TX. Not sure where you are located so I don't know if they are close enough to you for consideration.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:53 PM   #12
Oklahoma Proud

Op's profile shows they are in Cincinnati, Ohio....if thats current info.

Condolences OP, and good luck with the sale. Also pics are worth a thousand words!
Old 12-29-2015, 12:22 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcunningham View Post
Please accept our condolences also.

There is a company ( don['t know the name) that will market it for you. I was just doing some searching for "in cast I needed to do what you are doing" and Christy at 402.403.517 made me a reasonable deal to sell our 5 th wheel for a flat rate of about $500+ , I have no more detail. She was located in the mid west somewhere.

Samc,
Orange City FL
My condolences. Be very careful before you pay someone to "list" your RV for sale. I tried to sell mine and was contacted by several so called "Brokers". I believe this one called "Christy" was one of them. Total scam. Nobody is going to sell it and only make $500.00 for doing that. They will make you promises but all they will do is throw up an add or two on a couple websites. Nothing more. An easy way for them to make $500.00. PPL has a good reputation and may be a good avenue if you don't sell it yourself. Good Luck.
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
Old 12-29-2015, 08:18 AM   #14

Sorry for your loss
Old 12-29-2015, 05:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
Sorry for your loss

Thanks so much!
Old 12-29-2015, 06:01 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTTOYS View Post
My condolences. Be very careful before you pay someone to "list" your RV for sale. I tried to sell mine and was contacted by several so called "Brokers". I believe this one called "Christy" was one of them. Total scam. Nobody is going to sell it and only make $500.00 for doing that. They will make you promises but all they will do is throw up an add or two on a couple websites. Nothing more. An easy way for them to make $500.00. PPL has a good reputation and may be a good avenue if you don't sell it yourself. Good Luck.

Thank you for the great advice!
Old 12-29-2015, 06:04 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjpapa View Post
I can also recommend PPL in Houston if you want to consider a consignment sale. I have bought through them, sold through them, and used their shop for repairs. I have always been satisfied with their service. You can find them at pplmotorhomes.com. They also have locations in Cleburne, TX and in New Bransfels, TX. Not sure where you are located so I don't know if they are close enough to you for consideration.

I live in Cincinnati, OH. But I do appreciate the information. Thanks very much!
Old 12-29-2015, 06:05 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTTOYS View Post

Thank you, I will keep this in mind!
Old 12-29-2015, 06:08 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Air Force View Post
My sorrow goes out to you. But, I know you don't want to hear this, but to get someone interested your going to lower your price to a maximum of $79,000 to get any one interested. New 2016s are listing on sale now at under $85,000. The accessories you have to go with it are nice but won't add much to the attraction of a buyer.

Yes, understood...I may have to keep longer in that case. We'll see...
Old 12-29-2015, 06:10 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maron View Post
Try PP&L in Houston Texas. We had our TT valued there and their resale estimate was 40% higher then what the dealership we bought it from was willing to give us on a trade.
Now you have to understand the price they gave me was the price they would list it at on a consignment sale. No guarantees you would get that. Their fee for doing that. Is 10%. That includes their advertising expense as well as their sales Expense.
They also have the ability to finance t sale of your vehicle to the new buyer.

Thank you for taking the time to reply and for trying to help!

Tags
forest river, modifications