Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2014, 09:31 PM   #1

Free, SAFE boondocking in Deming, NM

Anyone interested in a free place to stay this winter? I have a friend with a 40 acre ranch in Deming. She needs help repairing fences and is willing to let anyone boondocks on her property for free in exchange for a little help around the ranch. She has two horses, donkeys, chickens, dogs, etc. and is quite a character. She's in her late 60's, not in great health, but works like a slave taking care of her place. She plays guitar, sings like an angel, writes books and has stories to tell that will inspire you or keep you laughing!! Anyone interested just let me know and I'll get you directions.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:02 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutterBugBev View Post
Anyone interested in a free place to stay this winter? I have a friend with a 40 acre ranch in Deming. She needs help repairing fences and is willing to let anyone boondocks on her property for free in exchange for a little help around the ranch. She has two horses, donkeys, chickens, dogs, etc. and is quite a character. She's in her late 60's, not in great health, but works like a slave taking care of her place. She plays guitar, sings like an angel, writes books and has stories to tell that will inspire you or keep you laughing!! Anyone interested just let me know and I'll get you directions.
Boondock? As in no water, power, or sewer?

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
Old 10-06-2014, 04:15 AM   #3

I don't know how quickly she needs someone, but I would consider it. It would probably take me a little while to meander down that way. I spent quite a few years ranching... horses (working and show) and cattle mainly. If it was an extended period I would hope to work out something for water. That's about my only shortcoming for boondocking. How far of a run it is for food and fuel?

I actually do that for an old family friend from time to time much in the same situation. Outbuilding and fence line repairs... a couple dozen and a half horses.

If the basic logistics work out, we can exchange info. I'm sure she would want to have a good chat before anythings decided.

~Cheers
Old 10-06-2014, 07:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutterBugBev View Post
More information please. What about water? Electricity? Distance to food and fuel?
Thanks,
Wolf

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can