Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2013, 07:59 PM   #1

Need kitchen island

I may need to buy a kitchen island for a 2009 Silverback 32wrl (has room but does not include an island). Is it possible to purchase this through a dealer or mfg? Or does anyone have a spare to sell?
Old 07-31-2013, 08:10 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I think you'd be better off trying to order a kitchen island from Forest River...don't think there's too many spares out there. The issue will be trying for a match with cabinets and countertop...most cabinetry is now cherry and corian counters.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Old 07-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #3

Good point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica View Post
I think you'd be better off trying to order a kitchen island from Forest River...don't think there's too many spares out there. The issue will be trying for a match with cabinets and countertop...most cabinetry is now cherry and corian counters.

Dave
Good point, I was not thinking of the countertops. I looked online but did not see any links to FR mfg. I assume you go through the dealerships, would that be right?
Old 07-31-2013, 08:22 PM   #4

SB 32wrl

Quote:

Dave

Dave & Monica, I see you have a SB. This is what we are considering.... we are looking at a used 2009 32wrl unit owned by someone we know that has taken care of it. Any advice? Have you had any issues with anything in particular?
Old 07-31-2013, 09:24 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy View Post
Dave & Monica, I see you have a SB. This is what we are considering.... we are looking at a used 2009 32wrl unit owned by someone we know that has taken care of it. Any advice? Have you had any issues with anything in particular?
??? No Silverback, we have a Rockwood 5ver. If you're looking at used and buying from someone you know, you'll either remain good friends (if it's as good as you think) or never speak again (if it's a nightmare). Check everything over very carefully especially for water damage and make sure everything works.

Dave

Old 08-01-2013, 05:29 AM   #6

Quote:
??? No Silverback, we have a Rockwood 5ver. If you're looking at used and buying from someone you know, you'll either remain good friends (if it's as good as you think) or never speak again (if it's a nightmare). Check everything over very carefully especially for water damage and make sure everything works.

Dave

Sorry about the Silverback error, it was late. I was looking at the Ford description (CC SB) and my mind said Cedar Creek Silverback! I needed sleep! Thanks for your advice and happy rving!
Old 08-01-2013, 07:13 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

You could try phoning the Cedar Creek Silverback division and explain what you're looking for. Have your camper VIN available should they need it. The number listed in their current brochure for Parts & Service is 260-593-3017.

Dave

Old 08-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #8

Good idea, wish me luck, thanks!
Old 08-02-2013, 05:14 AM   #9

I bought a lower kitchen cabinet from Lowes. They came unfinished or finished. I finished it to match my cabinets and also added small lockable caster to the bottom to be able to move it out of the way. The extra storage works great!
Old 08-06-2013, 08:01 AM   #10

I wondered about that. I have looked online with other mfgs and retailers. We just came back from a trip (last one in our Jayco 31RKS) with all the kids and grandkids and our place was full of kids all weekend. I am going to like the space in the Silverback, so I definitely need an island on wheels. We are pretty handy, so I know we can add wheels to anything we do get. Thanks for the advice. We are looking forward to the first trip with our Silverback this weekend!
Old 08-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #11

When we were looking at a Silverback at the Madison WI show last year the manufacturers rep told us we could order an island, but he said it was about $500 IIRC.