Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2018, 09:55 PM   #1

Prompt RV Sunscreen for Georgetown XL

I am selling an almost new, black windshield sunscreen made by Prompt RV Sunscreen. This is made to fit the Georgetown XL coaches with the new front end that started in 2013 and current.

This was purchased for our 2016 369XL, used sporadically for a month before we traded our Georgetown in for a used diesel pusher. Has been stored ever since.

This screen is very easy to put on without tools or even a ladder, holds very securely and you can easily see out through it during the day but still maintains your privacy. This made a huge difference blocking the solar heat and the coach stayed much cooler. I am going back to them for another for my current coach.

I have attached a picture of it on our Georgetown.

I am asking $150.00 plus shipping for it which I believe is about half the price I paid for it in 2016.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Georgetown XL Sunscreen.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	166295  
Old 03-29-2018, 10:42 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwatkins01 View Post
I am selling an almost new, black windshield sunscreen made by Prompt RV Sunscreen. This is made to fit the Georgetown XL coaches with the new front end that started in 2013 and current.

This was purchased for our 2016 369XL, used sporadically for a month before we traded our Georgetown in for a used diesel pusher. Has been stored ever since.

This screen is very easy to put on without tools or even a ladder, holds very securely and you can easily see out through it during the day but still maintains your privacy. This made a huge difference blocking the solar heat and the coach stayed much cooler. I am going back to them for another for my current coach.

I have attached a picture of it on our Georgetown.

I am asking $150.00 plus shipping for it which I believe is about half the price I paid for it in 2016.

Mike
I found my receipt. I paid $280.00 for the sunshade. So I'm asking $135.00. I will consider offers also.

Thanks for looking!

Mike
Old 05-17-2018, 10:00 AM   #3
WhoDoMan

Good morning when u traveled where did you store this screen? The compartment in the very back where the elec cord is? Thanks
Old 05-17-2018, 11:57 PM   #4

How does the shade stay in place and how to you put it up?
Old 05-18-2018, 04:47 PM   #5

I’m really interested but also interested in how it goes on .
Old 05-18-2018, 04:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacked250 View Post
I’m really interested but also interested in how it goes on .

Hey mike I’d like to make an offer but not sure how Thea works
Old 05-21-2018, 12:40 PM   #7
Kanadian Kamper

We have the same brand of shade on our 2010 Georgetown.

To install, you start by hooking the passenger side of the shade to the vertical window frame of the passenger side window....the vertical post that is halfway along between the fixed and sliding windows. The company provides the large rubber band and factory hook, and the other end of the band, is attached to the screen with a small nut and bolt. You then slowly unwrap the rest of the blind across the front windshield all the way around to the driver’s side, and once again hook it to the vertical window frame with the factory provided rubber band and hook. Imagine unrolling a tightly wrapped sleeping bag across the front of the motorhome windshield.

From the ground you can shift the aluminum bar in the frame of the screen upwards, until it covers the entire windshield and gasket. Warm sun, will iron out any wrinkles.

To remove, just unhook from the driver’s side, wrap it around itself across to the passenger side and unhook there. It will look like a rolled out heavy duty window screen, and I store it in the pass-through luggage compartment for next time.

Any questions?

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
Old 05-24-2018, 09:01 AM   #8
WhoDoMan

Still for sale

Tags
georgetown