Old 01-08-2015, 11:03 PM   #1
Reconstruction TT roof helper

1st timer. Have 2013 FLT831FLSS. Storm put it on its top. ACs, all pushed inside. Needs entire new roof, windows, etc. Dealer far too expensive for parts & LABOR. Anyone in Kansas City MO area I may pay to help/advise on reasonable parts purchasing and reasonable/knowledgable reconstruction help? I'm 62, can work, but need help. Please pm me.

scottie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:04 PM   #2
Did you not have insurance? maybe home owners if not rv ins., Bllls camper in St. Jo

1 Surveyor

2015 Silverado Duramax w/Allison transmission
2014 surveyor 293RL fifth wheel
1surveyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:00 PM   #3
I think this is a purchased as-is unit, for a low price. I'm not close enough to be of any help, but would offer a couple suggestions.
I would search out an rv salvage yard for any parts you could scavenge. My fiver was just totaled and that's the plan for it I believe. Secondly, find a local roofing company to purchase EPDM and get the "how too's" of installing the material. I'm sure you'll need to do some ceiling/roof deck framework first, and hope you have indoor shop source to work on this. Google will be your friend for finding windows etc, especially to find salvage yards with them.

I truly wish you good luck and hope to hear of camping adventures in your future!
Joel and Teresa
2016 Sabre 34TBOK
2006 GMC 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote

roo, roof