Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #1

SOLD - 2006 Rockwood 8281ss

We are looking into upgrading to a camper with a couple of more bunks. We only had one child when we bought this and didn't expect to have any more. So with 3 kids, the wife's mother and sister, we have maxed out the sleeping arrangements and then some. . ..life is grand.

We bought this 2006 Rockwood 8281ss new in March of 2006. We have had no major issues with it. It still shows VERY well and has been very well maintained. All systems function as designed, the rubber roof has been maintained and treated, new Good year tires went on 3 years ago, all new wheel bearings and grease seals went in this Spring (because one went bad, I did them all), new deep cycle battery this year. We are a non-smoking family and the dog has only been camping 3 times just after we bought the camper. We rarely fry anything on the stove, keeping the grease from cooking outside of the unit. I had a 1500 Dodge Ram when we bought it and it pulled very well. Maxed out, it only is supposed to weigh 8550 lbs. I only bought a bigger truck because the family grew.
That being said, we are still using it this summer (unless it sells). We've been to Myrtle Beach this year and have a few weekends slated for outings thru the rest of the year.

As for the camper itself, the only issues it has are: decals are shrinking/peeling, one center cap on one wheel flew off when we lost the one outer wheel bearing last summer in New Hampshire, a couple of the heat vents in the floor are cracked (will be replaced before the sale), the outside flap on the oven exhaust hood is gone (will be replaced before sale), there is a wear mark in the carpet where the slide rides in and out.
This camper has 2 bunks in the rear, a queen bed up front, sleeper sofa makes a double. The table and chairs are free-standing and do not make a bed. Typical RV appliances -- electric/gas fridge/freezer, water heater. Tons of storage space.

per NADA - Average retail is $19.8k optioned out as it is.

I've seen what they are going for on the used lots and I know how the dealer wants to rip me off if I trade it in.

Although I honestly believe it is in better than average condition for the year, I will take $17.500. firm.

Because we plan to keep camping until it sells, it is stocked with our "stuff". Our "stuff"does not go with it when it sells. We will need our "stuff" for the new one.

I will not entertain foreign offers of money transfers with a bonus for my time.

I may be able to deliver within reason - we can discuss if need be.

I have more pics to send - give me a real email address and I will send them to you.

Straight from NADA Guides:
M-8281SS
List Price - $25,708
Low Retail - $15,755
Average Retail - $19,875

Options:

13,500 BTU Central/Ducted
Furnace (10,000-12,000 BTU)
Microwave Oven
8 - 10.0 cu. ft. refridgerator
Water Heater 6 Gallon Gas/Elec. w/DSI
TV 19" Color
DVD Player
AM/FM/CD Stereo
TV Antenna W/Booster
Front Power Leveling Jacks
Scissor Stabilizer Jacks
Auxiliary Battery (Each)
Awning 17' - 19' (Each)
Awning For Slide-Out (Coach)
Ceiling Fan
Fiberglass Exterior 30' and Under
Inverter (1000 Watt)
LPG Gas/Smoke Detector
Outside Shower
Power Roof Vent
Power Slide-Out Room 16' (Each)
Spare Tire and Carrier
Surround sound
Heated Mattress on queen bed
Heated holding tanks for year round camping

PM me thru the site and I will respond in a day or two.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camper.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	36668   Click image for larger version

Name:	camper1.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	36669   Click image for larger version

Name:	camper2.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	36670   Click image for larger version

Name:	camper3.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	36671  
Old 08-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #2

reduced to $14,500

Reduced to $14,500. That will pay it off and leave us nothing to put down on the new one we found. We're ok with that.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #3

Sold!!!

Sold!!!

Tags
rockwood