Old 12-28-2016, 12:46 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stank Bait View Post
My wife asked me the other day if I was going to order a new truck after the first of the year. After reading all this I think I will just keep the old 7.3.
I'm with you 100%. My 97 OBS 7.3 4x4 CC SRW long bed runs just fine and Ford SVO did the trans years ago. I believe I'll just keep driving it. Been offered 20 grand already. No rust either. Sleeps all winter and has since I bought it new in 97.

Besides, been paid for for 15 years now.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:57 PM   #32

Sign me up for one

Old 01-04-2017, 08:56 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by herewego View Post
In March 2013, I bought my 04 (April 04 build) bone stock, F-350 diesel dually, crew cab, long bed, already set up for a fiver, hitch and all. Had only 30k miles on it. First trip out with new fiver (12000 lbs), uphill, US 15 out of Mansfield, toward NY, boom!, intercooler gone. Cause, turbo vanes rusted in place. New IC and turbo. Ran like it should 'til this year, (3 yrs, now 45K mi) boom, turbo hose blew off. New turbo hose back on the road. Coming home, engine starts skipping. Limped home. Hometown Ford dealer installed new EGR valve, fixed problem, I think! Runs great now, although the wife's hair is still standing straight up from the "Booms". Looked at new Diesels for past two months, $70K. Whew! Guess we'll give our dually one more year. Ahaha. Told by mechanics, don't let them sit. Use 'em. Will do. Considering adding data monitor for boost, ex gas temp, etc. Whaddya think?
Riff-Raff Diesel performance has the best replacement intercooler and turbo hoses anywhere.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:08 PM   #34

My Ford boots were notorious for boom..popping off.. or bursting.. pure stock .no tune..25k miles on it I popped 4 off on my first 5th wheel pull on level roads between a Dayton and Columbus ..90 degrees and fun for a rookie..not..

After limping into camping world..one of there Mgr..show pity on my wife and I..and since he'd had a 6.0 for years..taught me a "shade tree mechanic trick"! Drill a small hole thru the stainless steel clamp and metal hot side tube..put 3/4" screw in and they can't blow off! Btw I'd had Ford put on a new boot just a couple of days before this trip!

End of story..another turbo funny noise loss of power etc. this time that new Ford Boot burst..4" under neath..out of site.

So I researched and bought RiffRaff performance diesel boots and clamps..check out some verified user testimonials.. 80k logged pulling over the Rockies etc..no reported problems to speak of.

I got them and 5k later..not one lick of trouble.. I've pulled 3 times over that mileage too.

My wife and I were on pins and needles with this truck ..when is the next boom gonna happen? Now we look forward to a more fun "adventure"

Enjoy the time that God gives us here.

Just my 2 cents worth
Old 01-06-2017, 04:06 PM   #35

Do you still have the truck for sale?
Old 01-20-2017, 11:41 AM   #36

Truck has been sold.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:39 PM   #37
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Congrats on the sale.

05CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, f350, ford