Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2015, 02:37 PM   #1

Swivel Wheel Trailer for 5th Wheel or Bus

BRING YOUR TOYS ALONG!

5' Long x 8' Wide, RV swivel wheel ramp - we carry our golf cart and 2 bicycles.

Manufacturer at cruiserlift.com specifies it for carrying 1200lb, wheels swivel and dual hitch locks to trailer - no jack knifing. Amazing technology!

Comes with ramp package and bike receiver. New LED lights and side indicators. 2 new tires installed last week, rated 910lbs each

New is $4,000 asking $2,500

We love it but purchased a bigger trailer to tow even more toys incl. a boat and outboard!

Available about September 15th in Denver area where we will collect our new trailer.
10' Idaho Tote Trailer & Bicycles
Street Legal Electric Golf Cart
Inflatable Boat w. 25HP Outboard
Old 08-24-2015, 08:10 PM   #2

Is the dual mount hitch receiver included?
Old 08-24-2015, 08:22 PM   #3

I can work with you on this. My existing hitch needs to be modified for a 10' Idaho Tote trailer and I suspect the fabricator will suggest bolting an entirely new hitch on. If that's the case it's yours if you buy it, otherwise you can have what's left.

The receivers are garden variety and inexpensive, but each 5th wheel varies a little and usually there is some custom hitch work involved to ensure a good fit.

I'll know next week when we reach Denver...
Old 08-24-2015, 08:44 PM   #4

Are you traveling from Austin to Denver? If so what route? I'm in NW Arkansas, so wondering where we might meet, along your route.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:46 PM   #5

I'm in Dallas and need it to carry the golf cart until Denver where my larger trailer was purchased. If the route works out for you we plan to depart Dallas Thursday sometime...
Old 08-24-2015, 09:01 PM   #6

Doesn't appear that will work, as you wil be using the trailer all the way to Denver. Are you going to bring the trailer back, empty?
Old 08-24-2015, 09:21 PM   #7

Trying to think about how to help you. I traveled from Austin to Grand Bay, AL to collect it originally, and had the hitch fabricated onsite.

After Denver we are headed to California with the golf cart and will pick up a new 12'6" inflatable and outboard along the way since we have the extra capacity with the larger trailer.

Several possibilities:

Could you ship the Swivel wheel inexpensive freight as a back load on a truck, or make a temporary two receiver hitch and bar to haul it behind your truck to collect it?

These are a fabulous invention but unfortunately, are as rare as hens teeth for resale, as the buyers seem to love them and want to keep them.

The only other alternative I can think of, would be shipping my golf cart to Denver and meeting you enroute, but I'm not sure you would be keen for that upfront cost and logistical hassle, nor would you want to tow my golf cart to Denver!

I'm flexible to any reasonable arrangement as long as my golf cart travels with me, as we use it at every RV resort we go to. Makes an amazing difference.

What would you use the swivel wheel to haul?

Message me direct if you like so we don't choke this thread...
Old 08-28-2015, 03:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayne View Post
make a temporary two receiver hitch and bar to haul it behind your truck to collect it?
I hope you don't mind some advice on your ad page.

When I got my Swivel, the owner gave me a 2-1 receiver hitch, that connected the Swivel to my truck hitch. They do work fine.

EXCEPT, Swivels are fussy when towed empty. The springs are so tight on the suspension, that they can build up harmonics. I passed someone on a bumpy 2 lane road, probably getting up to 65 or 70 going by. I thought the swivel lost a tire, it started bouncing around like crazy.

Slowed down and pulled over. Every thing was ok. Kept it about 55 the rest of the way home and no further problems.

Had a similar issue on the back of the 5th when it was empty once, on the highway doing 65, hit a rough patch, and I could feel it all the way to the truck that it was bouncing. Slowed down again, all ok.

When loaded, it pulls excellent. Just be cautious at higher speeds, running empty and on rough roads.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingedone View Post
I hope you don't mind some advice on your ad page.

When I got my Swivel, the owner gave me a 2-1 receiver hitch, that connected the Swivel to my truck hitch. They do work fine.

EXCEPT, Swivels are fussy when towed empty. The springs are so tight on the suspension, that they can build up harmonics. I passed someone on a bumpy 2 lane road, probably getting up to 65 or 70 going by. I thought the swivel lost a tire, it started bouncing around like crazy.

Slowed down and pulled over. Every thing was ok. Kept it about 55 the rest of the way home and no further problems.

Had a similar issue on the back of the 5th when it was empty once, on the highway doing 65, hit a rough patch, and I could feel it all the way to the truck that it was bouncing. Slowed down again, all ok.

When loaded, it pulls excellent. Just be cautious at higher speeds, running empty and on rough roads.
Thanks for the tip. Well keep that in mind. Have you ever experimented with how much weight is needed? Is 100-200# enough to make a difference? Seems like I recall reading that the factory can set the "tension" depending on what you normally carry. Don't know how easy that is to adjust, or if you can do that yourself.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:10 AM   #10

Weight

Thanks Wingedone

Cruiserlift specifically cover the issue about the tow weight and ride smoothness.

Mine runs beautifully because I'm carrying an electric golf cart. The torsion is adjustable. Can't think of a situation very often I would tow it empty, although I did this one time after purchase. It was a little bouncy, but not much - I towed it along a very bumpy i10 from Alabama back home to Austin.

Source link below:

SWIVELWHEEL-58

Quoted from the manufacturer:

Note: If weights less than 500-600 pounds are to be transported on the Swivelwheel-58DW system, let us know. We will adjust the torsion suspension to allow for a smoother ride. The suspension is set for heavier loads, and with light loads, the suspension may be too stiff and could create bouncing
Old 09-03-2015, 03:34 PM   #11

i live in arlington if u can drop it off here after your trim i will purchase it from u

Tags
5th wheel, trailer, wheel