Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2016, 12:03 PM   #1
OLD DLR

2017 cedar creek no warranty coverage

Just purchased new2017 cedar creek 35ik
when we got home from camp world hydralic hose blew off that day 2 hrs after delivery
they sent me a road repair man( private) and delivered hose to
our home,about 50 mi......so far great ..road repair fixed..to make sure it was working slide outs run out,bed slide caught underside of bed..ripped wood out...also water heater not working,he repaired all.......good guy.......i paid him and sent bill to forest river silverback ....warranty lady,,,,,,,,,,no response,,,,,,sent again ......she said would forward to warranty ..........no response.........like unit ,,,but are they bad about paying,/????????????,,,,,,,had a 2016 salem 27rlss.loved it ,,,,,,,,never a problem.......
ALLEND55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:55 PM   #2

Just my opinion, but I think you should begin by dealing with the dealer where you bought the rv. I am assuming they sent out the mobile repair tech.
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 01:34 PM   #3
OLD DLR

ALLEND55

camp world was good........sent man out but said I had to pay him.....I did..........then said had to go to forest river..for $ back,,,..fifth wheel ...silverback....I did,,,,..three times email....then lady sent email back...send in bills,,,,i did,,,then waited,,,,,no response,,,,,then more emails,,,,,no response,,,just wondered if after spending 70k for unit that was the way they handled claims???anyone higher up to contact?
Old 11-03-2016, 01:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLEND55 View Post
camp world was good........sent man out but said I had to pay him.....I did..........then said had to go to forest river..for $ back,,,..fifth wheel ...silverback....I did,,,,..three times email....then lady sent email back...send in bills,,,,i did,,,then waited,,,,,no response,,,,,then more emails,,,,,no response,,,just wondered if after spending 70k for unit that was the way they handled claims???anyone higher up to contact?
I think the original problem is Camping World... no way should you have to pay then deal with mfgr.. Campimg World is the worst.

I'm sure CC will stand behind the product but this is another CW black eye....

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 04:33 PM   #5

You should have never went to CW, there are other places that sell CC for lots less than 70K. good luck with your claim. Call Cedar Creek direct for help.
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 05:08 PM   #6

When dealing with an independent RV tech and warranty issue this is the way it works. Camping World has nothing to do with the transaction, slamming them for no reason is just being mean. As for shouldn't have bought it there because you could have got a better deal elsewhere how do you know? You don't know what options are in the unit or anything about it other than the model.

To the OP. You will get reimbursed from Forest River. Ask the dealer for the name and phone number of the Cedar Creek warranty rep and contact them by phone.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrjet View Post
When dealing with an independent RV tech and warranty issue this is the way it works. Camping World has nothing to do with the transaction, slamming them for no reason is just being mean. As for shouldn't have bought it there because you could have got a better deal elsewhere how do you know? You don't know what options are in the unit or anything about it other than the model.

To the OP. You will get reimbursed from Forest River. Ask the dealer for the name and phone number of the Cedar Creek warranty rep and contact them by phone.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K
I think you should reread the OP. He bought it from CW. CW told him to deal with an independent repair service. What? Why didn't CW take care of their customer. Because they don't take care of customers. I have 2 friends who have bought from CW and can't get any reliable service. Don't buy from CW!

Old 11-03-2016, 08:29 PM   #8
OLD DLR

service at cw were nice,,,,,,,,,,,sent part to my door by delivery parts guy,,,,fri late....
had private repair man there sat am.......very nice young man,,,,,founf other problems and fixed for us.........love trlr......new ram longhorn diesel is great......
only problem has been sloooowwwww response from cc warrenty lady......
Old 11-03-2016, 09:49 PM   #9

2017 cedar creek no warranty coverage

If he would have taken it back to CW they would have taken care of it there. The OP chose not to. Cool out dude. We get it, you don't like CW because your friends don't. The OP came here asking for advice on working with FR warranty folks.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:03 PM   #10
DDC

I'd say the contract should have been between C/W and the repair person, if C/W had done the PDI correctly this would have been spotted. Just my 2 cents.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:31 PM   #11

[QUOTE=lbrjet;1357210]If he would have taken it back to CW they would have taken care of it there. The OP chose not to. Cool out dude. We get it, you don't like CW because your friends don't. The OP came here asking for advice on working with FR warranty folks.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K[/QUOTE

Im going to let this go but the OP never said he chose not to take it back to CW, he said they sent him the part and sent the mobile tech to him. My point is if they did all that then why didn't they pay the mobile tech and then get their money back from Forest River warranty dept. Why should the OP have to do that? Do you think that is good customer service?

You are right, the OP came here complaining about how slow Forest River or Cedar Creek is in responding to his request to get paid and I bet at some point he gets reimbursed but I'm sure now CC or FR will have to go back to CW to verify all is up and up and it all adds to the time. I just feel sorry that the OP has to deal with this because CW would not step up to the plate and service its customer.

I'm Chilled out dude...

Old 11-03-2016, 10:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
I think the original problem is Camping World... no way should you have to pay then deal with mfgr.. Campimg World is the worst.

I'm sure CC will stand behind the product but this is another CW black eye....
The CW I deal with is fantastic. Their mobile techs do not travel more than 18 miles from the dealership. They will arrange an independent if needed.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:58 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
The CW I deal with is fantastic. Their mobile techs do not travel more than 18 miles from the dealership. They will arrange an independent if needed.
Thanks for the input Capt John... It's nice to hear good things about CW. I like to buy products from CW from time to time and I am a member of Good Sams but I've just heard so many negatives about their service not just on this forum but from people I know. I'm glad you have a good service department and maybe I should not have bad mouthed them in my original post but I still believe that particular CW did not take care of its customer and it fell right into my negative opinion of them.

Maybe many more happy CW buyers will chime in. I'm a big fan of Marcus Lemonis's The Profit but sometimes wonder if he's watching the ship on his biggest brand. I hope so.

Old 11-03-2016, 11:16 PM   #14

This entire repair is Hokey! Two hours after leaving the Dealer "CW" you have these issues and CW sends a Independent RV repair person and tells YOU to pay the Bill! NO WAY! CW should have contacted F/R Before Any Repair was performed to secure a "PO# for Repair" then CW should have Paid the Mobile Repair and Sent the Bill to F/R and "Waited for F/R to Pay Them"! Not Stick the "New Owner" with the "Waiting for Payment"! We are talking "Brand New" not a Issue or Breakdown while on a Trip later during Ownership! Youroo!!
Old 11-03-2016, 11:28 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
This entire repair is Hokey! Two hours after leaving the Dealer "CW" you have these issues and CW sends a Independent RV repair person and tells YOU to pay the Bill! NO WAY! CW should have contacted F/R Before Any Repair was performed to secure a "PO# for Repair" then CW should have Paid the Mobile Repair and Sent the Bill to F/R and "Waited for F/R to Pay Them"! Not Stick the "New Owner" with the "Waiting for Payment"! We are talking "Brand New" not a Issue or Breakdown while on a Trip later during Ownership! Youroo!!

Surely that is what any dealer would have done if the unit were brought back to the dealership....
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 04:14 AM   #16
OLD DLR

ALLEND55

Wow...did not mean to start discussion..camp world was called within two hours of taking delivery,(leaking hydraulic hose,they were helpful in service...and had part and independent mobile repair man here next day, he was a great and helpful young man....did things above the repair that should have been caught at factory or during PDI.
the problem is not with camp world or young man or the unit............only cedar creek paying for warranty work done by young man.
the lady at cedar creek......is slowwwwwwwwwwww. if you click on forest river,fifth wheel,cedar creek for service they give you the name and number of a woman "in charge".....she is SLOW and not too friendly........I could not pull back to camp world(50 mi across Phx In heavy traffic,the jacks were down (Lippert 6 way) If I had left it there they would have fixed hose and they and I would have missed the other items.....The young man is an ex camp world tec and quite good. he is on time, has the tools, well stocked truck and friendly.....he is familiar with their system and lets you know up front about payment as did service at camp world..
I do thank all for your input,,,
Old 11-04-2016, 05:36 AM   #17

Who is this "lady"? Name??? What number are you calling?

I, and most other CC folks, have had the exact opposite experience with CC Warranty.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:37 AM   #18

Camping World should have handled the whole thing if they sold the unit and they are a authorized dealer for that brand. Most manufactures will not pay for a mobile tech to come out and make repairs, with out approval first. Almost any of the big auto makers will not pay for repairs not made by a authorized dealer. The only exception would be if in the no where and you call them first. Camping World dropped the ball on this one.
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:47 AM   #19
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLEND55 View Post
Wow...did not mean to start discussion..camp world was called within two hours of taking delivery,(leaking hydraulic hose,they were helpful in service...and had part and independent mobile repair man here next day, he was a great and helpful young man....did things above the repair that should have been caught at factory or during PDI.
the problem is not with camp world or young man or the unit............only cedar creek paying for warranty work done by young man.
the lady at cedar creek......is slowwwwwwwwwwww. if you click on forest river,fifth wheel,cedar creek for service they give you the name and number of a woman "in charge".....she is SLOW and not too friendly........I could not pull back to camp world(50 mi across Phx In heavy traffic,the jacks were down (Lippert 6 way) If I had left it there they would have fixed hose and they and I would have missed the other items.....The young man is an ex camp world tec and quite good. he is on time, has the tools, well stocked truck and friendly.....he is familiar with their system and lets you know up front about payment as did service at camp world..
I do thank all for your input,,,
Allen, I realize you were in a tough situation when having to get your rig fixed just a few hours after taking delivery so I understand why you did what you did.

What I hope you understand is your dealer is supposed to be your liaison between you and the factory. You really need to be more upset with them.

Did CW do good by having the part and then send out the nice repair man?... yes... but... Campers World then dropped the ball. BIG time.

It was absolutely NOT your responsibility to pay the mobile repair bill.
CW should have shouldered that responsibility. Whether you could return to them at the time of repair or not is irrelevant. You contacted them, they made the arrangements to get you the part and the mobile repair, they shoulder the burden of the cost. No questions. That is how it works.

It seems there are more and more of these stories where the dealer is sloughing off their responsibilities onto the owner and we are left trying to contact the factory for reimbursements, repairs or replacement parts that were not ever our responsibility to begin with.

We are luckier than most by having this forum. Not only as a tool to obtain information but also as somewhat of a 'door opener' to get help from the factory by having phone numbers and contact names readily available.

Most folks have been fortunate in getting satisfaction but I've seen a trend in the last few years where I believe that is all going to come to a screeching halt.

Yes, the factory has to have some blame in this too as they are ultimately the ones that let the dealers get away with this kind of crap. But I bet though, these factory divisions are going to soon get a belly full of all these complaints and requests coming directly to them and that is when we, as consumers, will suffer even more. No help from the dealer and no help from the factory.

I hope you get your situation resolved quickly and to your satisfaction.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=64
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 02:03 PM   #20
Director, FROG

AllenD, please send me a PM with your name, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and your phone number and e-mail.

Let's take this offline, eliminate the "woulda-coulda-shoulda" conversation, and try to get you hooked up with someone at Cedar Creek.

Thanks!

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek, cover, warranty