Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2017, 05:30 PM   #1

CalMark Cover

I've had my cover for a couple days now so It's time for an initial review. First, I ordered this because the other cover ($550.00) I had lasted about a year and a half before the FL sun destroyed it. CalMark makes their covers with Sunbrella material which I've had before (boat cover) and it holds up extremely well.

1) The material is not as heavy as my boat cover was, for weight issues I'm sure, it is doable to get it to the roof of my TT. It is susceptible to sharp edges as I have a small tear from the step. CalMark included a piece of fabric for small repairs or to enforce wear areas. I put a piece of bubble wrap at the gutter edges and tennis balls for gutter spouts. I don't see any other problem areas.

2) Grommets are provided attached to the underside of the cover for securing it. I actually liked my previous cover in this respect as they provided straps to secure the underside area. CalMark recommends either using rope or bungees for the grommets. I tried 3/8 nylon rope first and it took forever to secure as there are 11 points (plus 3 in the front and 3 in back) to tie down. After that I bought 4' bungees and they were too short so i had to add 2' bungees and they work fine. I recommend bungees, but purchase 6' bungees for the side grommets, 2' bungees for the front and back grommets.

3) The cover for a (Rockwood 2702 ss) 28' box was $1140.00 with a 6 year warranty. I believe that is probably the lifetime of the cover. The fit is very good, I don't believe a custom cover would fit a lot better. They provide a detailed measurement sheet to be filled out before you complete your order. The wait time was about 6 weeks when I ordered it in February. They told me in advance it would be this long as they were receiving numerous orders.

4) The initial quality looks good. One of their features was 3 support straps sewn into the top of the cover for support of the weight of the side material. There are also 3 straps that encompass the cover (perpendicular to length, with buckles) to control movement. The price seems reasonable as a cover of the same material for a 23' boat in 2006 was $800.00. I will see what the future brings although I expect the cover to last 6 years.
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:56 AM   #2

Couple mistakes: Price was $1040.00 and I meant reinforce not enforce.
Couple pic's.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	394.3 KB
ID:	131516   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	342.0 KB
ID:	131517  
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:07 AM   #3

We bought the CalMark cover when we had our Windjammer and it fit like a glove. Couldn't buy an off the shelf cover for the v-nose so I sent them an additional drawing and it was perfect. Ended up using the trailer as a trade in for our current fiver but another Windjammer owner took the cover and is still using it.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover