Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2015, 05:27 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhit View Post
We paid $5G's for a Carolina Carport. 40L x 15H (center) x 20W We're very satisfied. Paid and erected in one week. One thing I would do different. I'd make it 50' long...the 40L was fine for the 34' class A, but now the replacement 42' XLR is too long...

If you can afford to...make it BIGGER. When we're back from winter I'll extend it 10-15 feet. It's a useful shelter.

WOW one week! I was told 2-10 weeks and may happen in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 12-01-2015, 06:13 PM   #22

We sell Lelands, which are based in Dallas Tx area. Install time is usually 4 weeks. They build metal and wood.
Hornnumb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 05:25 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLewis View Post
We just had a Carolina Carport put up in June -36 x24x12 I think the center is 14 feet high . What sold us was the demo model went thru hurricane Sandy without any problems. So far the only complaint I have was they dropped tons of screws all over the place. I got a whole sipock bag full of them. Also they barely spoke any English and they were difficult to communicate with. My husband asked them if they needed anything and they said yes and walked away. Other than that you can't beat it for the price.

That sounds exactly like the crew that did ours. Basically the same size as yours. We upgraded on the steel, the tiedowns, the braces, and the siding- we had them take it down 1 section. My wife kept an eagle-eye on them the whole time, so everything was done correctly. Ours came out really good. The reason people have to wait so long is they wait til they have a half dozen or more in the same area. They won't come out just to do one. Again, we're very pleased.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 05:29 AM   #24

Installed and gone in 4 hours.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:15 PM   #25

So what are the prices? And how did they mount the legs?
retired on a mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:17 PM   #26

I had a Carolina Carports carport/shed installed before I bought a TT. 28x20x12. The crew of three people came out and did an excellent job! I was so impressed that I called the company on behalf of Rumondo and his crew. 4 years later it's still dead level and plumb in all respects. Now I'll have to take the front off and relocate the side braces to get I the TT. I am in Ohio,don't know about other areas. I also agree with other posters that too big a carport is like having too much money. Jay
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:19 AM   #27

CLewis.....I wish more people would say yes and walk away......it would make life sooooo much easier😂
Pleasantsurroundings is offline   Reply With Quote