Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #1

Cheyenne Camping Center Walcott, IA

Is this place legit?
My wife and I have looked at literally hundreds of trailers in the Houston and surrounding areas (my location) and no dealer can match their prices. Dealers in Dallas tell me that their purchase price is higher than the sale price at CCC. How is this possible? Is it too good to be true?

Any insight from you good people would be greatly appreciated. I would hate to drive 2k mile round trip for a bait and switch or a scam.

Sincerely
timeidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #2

Lots of good reviews in here about them. I am looking at a fiver they have, and they are in a top three dealers I'll buy from.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #3

I did see the reviews posted by folks on here, but that was about a year or so ago. I'm sure you can understand my apprehension when I see items that are 6k - 10k less than my local dealer. Thank you for your reply.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #4

Yup. I'm in the same boat, comparing local, Cheyenne, and rv wholesalers. I really wanted to trade to save on tax, but not getting the offers I'd like.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #5

I can drive from Houston to Walcott, even with the price of gas today, purchase the trailer, add in the TT&L, drive back to Houston and it is still cheaper than I can buy one an hour away. The market in Texas is not buyer friendly.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #6

Are they the Cheyenne Camping Center or Probity RV? They both have the same address.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeidson View Post
Is this place legit?
My wife and I have looked at literally hundreds of trailers in the Houston and surrounding areas (my location) and no dealer can match their prices. Dealers in Dallas tell me that their purchase price is higher than the sale price at CCC. How is this possible? Is it too good to be true?

Any insight from you good people would be greatly appreciated. I would hate to drive 2k mile round trip for a bait and switch or a scam.

Sincerely
I bought 2 campers from them! They are legit!

I live 20 minutes from Cheyenne if you need more info .

Last camper being a year and a half ago
Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #8

Not sure. I wasn't aware of Probity RV. I came across Cheyene in a round-about way. My wife found TT's on Ebay and finally matched the pics on Ebay to the identical pics on CCC's web page. Lots of detective work to get to this point. I'll have to check on that one.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Not sure. I wasn't aware of Probity RV. I came across Cheyene in a round-about way. My wife found TT's on Ebay and finally matched the pics on Ebay to the identical pics on CCC's web page. Lots of detective work to get to this point. I'll have to check on that one.
I searched literally 100's of dealers comparing prices with Cheyenne and NO ONE came close on the model I was looking at.

I think on this forum there's several Canadian buyers from Cheyenne!

Two things.
1) They won't budge on price lol why would they there already cheaper.
2) they give you a trade price "if your trading" and they don't budge.
My trade price was good enough I didn't want to try and sell on my own.

Qccowboy just ordered one from them to as he is also a member of this forum.

Turbs
Old 02-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #10

Thanks for the input y'all. Looks like my wife and I might be planning a trip to Iowa.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:00 AM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Btw welcome to the forum!

What camper you looking at?

Turbs
Old 02-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #12

Thanks for the welcome. We are still undecided but we have looked at the Puma and flagstaff.
Puma 30DBSSOK and FBSSOK
Flagstaff V-Lite 30WTBSK.
My wife and I arent too keen on the look of the V-Lite front it's a bit too boxy, but like the added space in the rear master slide. I just noticed today that Puma has a rear master slide with the FB model so that might be an option. I'll have to run it past her, I don't think she has seen it yet.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #13

As turbs mentioned I just bought from them (ordered actually). This is my second purchase from them and I have shopped around. Best prices I could find and the fact they are local for me is even better. Did it all via phone and email. PM if you want more info.
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #14

Thumbs up I hope it's legit

Quote:
Is this place legit?

Sincerely
They have my money, they are 1500 miles away and i'm headed there the first of next mounth to pick up a Flagstaff 21fbrs.
Mission, TX
2013-100..2014-180..2015-175..0
genecusano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #15

Did you have to cover the entire cost up front? or just deposit? I'm also curious on the sales tax and license fees. I've never maded a purchase like this from out-of-state before.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:08 PM   #16

Any info on Probity. Oakman got me curious and sure enough they share the same address. Is it a brother-in-law kinda thing, two business sharing the same lot?
Old 02-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #17
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

never heard of probity so not sure where that even comes from .

EDIT : I think thats there ebay selling business .

further edit : im calling them to see
Old 02-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #18
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I called the owner and probity rv is something new but same owner same business.
Probity RV is there online selling company for strictly internet sales . IE EBAY,craigslist and the like .

No worries !

Turbs
Old 02-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeidson
Did you have to cover the entire cost up front? or just deposit? I'm also curious on the sales tax and license fees. I've never maded a purchase like this from out-of-state before.
Mine was a deposit so they could place the order. Not much, just enough to show commitment (with both purchases). As far as taxes and licenses, you are taxed and license for your state and I am sure they have addressed this on multiple occasions. Email or call them to get the scoop. I am out of state but just across the boarder and they submitted everything for me. Might be because of of a reciprocal agreement though.
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:46 PM   #20
Trailer Trash

I bought mine there and they honored the Ebay price. The Ebay price was of course lower than anybody else in the entire USA that had my RV. They don't have to take their merchant cut from paypal when you buy direct from them.

RV was correct, clean, good PDI. They repaired a couple things I found on the PDI immedialty. Spent all the time I wanted, gave me a good discount on accessories that I bought the day of RV delivery. And then at the end of all of it, they gave me a rose and a bottle of champagne.

Yes they are legit. They have been in business since the 60's so ask yourself what the heck do you have to do in the RV business to stay afloat that many years? Take care of people and do the right thing!

Taxes, plates, etc. happen in the state you are going to register it in. They give you the paperwork for this to hand over to your DMV
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping