Old 11-13-2019, 09:58 AM   #1
Trailer Park Supervisor

Coleman Propane Grill

This review is of the Coleman Propane Grill that Forest River has decided to include with new RV's, like my Geo Pro. It is not the Road Trip, or other models that some people actually enjoy. I am a veteran griller/smoker. I own about a dozen grills of various sizes and fuel sources. This is the worst grill I've ever owned. The biggest problem is heat control. Low heat is barely different than high heat. Hamburgers will burn on the outside before cooking through on inside. I could only keep them on for 7 minutes total, both sides, before they began charring too badly. Second, there is no lid to close. This type of grill is only useful for things you can grill with direct heat, like a steak, or a burger, and it doesn't even do that well. I bought a new RV, and this is the sad excuse for a grill they are including with it. Definitely NOT the quality I expect from Coleman. William Coleman is turning over in his grave.

To make matters worse, you can't even hook it up to the low pressure quick disconnect. Luckily, I bought another portable gas grill that is marketed under several different brands, mine is the Pit Boss. But I still wanted to give the Coleman a try. Wasted weight in an RV. Forest River, what were you thinking?
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2020, 07:29 PM   #2

Glad I saw this!
I am looking for a good portable to carry in my trailer and replace the grill supplied by the dealer. I want one that will get hot enough to sear a steak without it getting “slimy” (as my wife would say), easy to control down to lower temperatures and a nice heat distribution.
Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Villagerjjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 07:36 PM   #3
Trailer Park Supervisor

I got one of these: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pit-Boss-2-Burner-Portable-Gas-Grill-Stainless-Steel/54890132?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid= 22222222227056067676&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=15923687 7521&wl4=aud-430887228898la-268853933516&wl5=9003710&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl 10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=54890132&veh=sem&gclid =EAIaIQobChMIk5yClar_5gIVFG6GCh1mOQlnEAQYAiABEgKte PD_BwE If you look for a sale, I got mine for 80 something bucks from Home Depot. Goes by many different names, from Cuisinart, to Pit Boss, to others. Important thing is the 20lb cylinder connection. Many more BTU's for searing steaks, and I've shut down one burner and did ribs indirectly. If you turn one burner down below low, as if you were turning it off, you can get temp down to 275ish, perfect for slow cooking. Gotta play with know to get it that low. This one will DEFINITELY sear a steak nicely.

Tags
coleman, grill, propane