Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2016, 09:23 PM   #1
Site Team

Duramax woodbridge vinyl shed

We've been seasonal campers for about 7 years now. We moved to a new CG last year and had to buy a new shed. Previously we had a metal shed but for the new place we had to get vinyl.

So after some research we got the Duramax shed from Menards. We put it up last October and had no problems with it. Then in February we had some strong winds come through and they blew two of the panels out (see attached pics). I actually recovered both of them but one was damaged beyond repair.

So I contacted duramax to see about getting a replacement panel. It took about two weeks of emails and phone calls but I finally convinced them that I wasn't expecting it to be covered under their warranty. They agreed to only charge me $105 to cover shipping and they would send me 2 panels.

So about a week and a half later the replacement panels finally came in a large box with no cushioning at all. When I pulled them out they were both cracked. So I emailed them back and they agreed to send two more panels.

In the meantime we decided to go ahead and use one of the broken panels because it would be better than the tarp we had covering the opening. So we get there and discover two more panels had blown off! My parents who had the same shed two spots away were also missing a panel.

We somehow salvaged enough to make both sheds whole again and put some extra screws in to hopefully hold them together. As of last week they were still ok.

I just got the second set of replacement panels today with slightly better packaging. They wrapped bubble wrap around the ends and put a little Styrofoam in the box. It didn't help. Once again they are cracked.

I'm going to email them again but at this point I'm almost ready to take it down completely and get something different/better.

0/10 would not recommend.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shed1.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	103409   Click image for larger version

Name:	shed2.jpg
Views:	576
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	103410  
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 09:40 PM   #2
Site Team

Hopefully you will get the darn thing to stay together. But at this point, have to wonder if it will make it the season.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 10:08 PM   #3
Site Team

The extra screws we put in seemed to have helped. It's definitely more sturdy now. But it's sad that we had to reinforce it ourselves to make it that way.

It also sad that they can't seem to ship replacement parts intact.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:04 PM   #4
Site Team

I guess I spoke too soon. Went out Friday night and everything was fine. Had some high winds on Saturday and when we got there Saturday night we were missing another panel. That's a total of 3 that have been destroyed for those of you counting at home.

Found pieces of it scattered everywhere. We found the two biggest pieces in a neighbor's campsite about 100' away.

Once again we were forced to use the cracked replacement panels they had sent us. Now I have screws in the top and the bottom of each panel. Had some pretty good wind on Sunday and it seemed to hold up OK.

The company is sending us a 3rd shipment of panels. Luckily I've only paid for one set so far. Should be interesting to see if they can manage to get them to me undamaged this time.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:53 PM   #5
Site Team

Nojoy ............

Being mostly down wind from you, think hardhats are on the short list

Zelda the campin dog
Old 02-27-2018, 09:41 AM   #6
Site Team

I know this is an old thread but...

Guess what I got to spend 2 hours doing again last night?

We are at a different CG now but 3 more panels blew off. One was salvageable and I still had one spare one from the last time.

The third panel I got back in but it's got a pretty large hole in it.

Time to call up and order a couple more extras...
Old 03-05-2018, 09:08 PM   #7
Site Team

Well, you should be a pro with the assembly ... I meant reassembly

I towed my 8x6 Suncast shed from Paradise to the new cg on my utility trailer.
Took back roads all the way and stayed around 40 mph.

Made it in one piece, but was nervous most of they way it would blow apart.

Good luck!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171010_081058.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	316.4 KB
ID:	164389

Zelda the campin dog