Old 12-19-2018, 10:47 PM   #31

I have to give FR a good recommendation, too. Since 19o8, one Rockwood tt, a Flagstaff 5th wheel, and now a Micro Lite 21DS. Minor issues, but we have enjoyed all three.

Npmathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:48 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Npmathis View Post
I have to give FR a good recommendation, too. Since 19o8, one Rockwood tt, a Flagstaff 5th wheel, and now a Micro Lite 21DS. Minor issues, but we have enjoyed all three.

That would be 1998 ... not 1908 ... haha!

Npmathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 12:45 AM   #33

FR spoiled me too!

Like several others, I bought a MicroLite 21DS ordered the way we wanted it and now, after a year, have nothing but praise for the rig!
We havenít had any problems at all! Everything worked as expected and no repairs to anything. We have made several small mods to personal taste but nothing major.
I have, and will continue, to recommend FR to my friends and acquaintances. I have yet to find another FR owner in any of the campgrounds weíve been in who have had any major problems.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D0A5A39E-C51D-471D-A850-71B34D4F0E72.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	268.8 KB
ID:	193284  
Noobs as of Nov Ď17
Days camped: 2018 - 48, 2019 - 16
Chief Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 09:49 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Lou View Post
Like several others, I bought a MicroLite 21DS ordered the way we wanted it and now, after a year, have nothing but praise for the rig!
We havenít had any problems at all! Everything worked as expected and no repairs to anything. We have made several small mods to personal taste but nothing major.
I have, and will continue, to recommend FR to my friends and acquaintances. I have yet to find another FR owner in any of the campgrounds weíve been in who have had any major problems.
So are you able to customize these units? Never heard of it but makes sense.
hack522 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 01:34 PM   #35

With TT's I agree. My FR TT only had a few minor issues which I was fortunate enough to have the dealer address immediately. When I moved up to a MH, that was a different story, quite a few issue, some major. I will say that FR stepped up to the plate and put a lot of time money and effort into addressing all of the issues with 98% success. For that I am greatly appreciative. I have no experience with Coachman as my dealer will not deal with them, but unfortunately, Coachman now is the only affordable GTS style class C in the FR line. I don't think I would ever buy the standard C format.

That said, I think a new purchase from any manufacturer, would warrant the expectation that the first year or two may be replete with issues to address. If not, you would be one of the lucky ones. That is just kind of the way it is. And with any RV, be prepared to constantly adjust and/or fix things. It seems to be part of the experience.

I wish I could afford a Prevost and a private mechanic that I could fly to wherever I am an say fix this. Maybe not!
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 09:13 PM   #36

It seems lots of people have good review of FR. I feel like Iíve had lots of issues that I hope is done less than a year into ownership. We purchased our 2019 Forest River 379 FLOK in June 2018. Although we do love this unit we have had some issues with the unit. AC quit working the first week we took the unit out here in Texas. Needless to say we purchased a portable unit to hold us over until it was fixed. We used a mobile mechanic because we didnít want to tow it 90 miles to sit for months waiting to be fixed. Iíve heard repairs at dealerships take forever. Maybe not the best idea because itís March 2019 and itís finally working perfect as of last week. He tried numerous things to get it working correctly. Shower latches are held in by a small Alan screw and have fallen off several times. Black water tank handle froze in place and we couldnít dump that tank. I cut a hole in the bottom of the shroud and now dump it manually until I can get our mechanic out here. Check out the locks on your doors because our back one will not lock until I cut a hole in the threshold to allow the lock to engage. Iím not sure who screwed down the floors before they laid down the laminate and carpet but we have 2 screws that have backed out of the wood and you donít want to step on them. Wiring for the tv was not hooked up correctly and we had to rerun wires to make it work. Our conex DVD player will not work, still waiting for that to be repaired. The main door step pulls down and the hydraulic arm sheared the pin one day leaving us to have to keep the steps out for a few months till that part came in. Ordering repair parts is a nightmare. I didnít latch the propane tank door down securely on our maiden voyage and my bumper chewed it to pieces. Totally my fault but It took 3 months to get the door in. Donít try to write forest river, they will not sell direct to you and eventually quit responding to me. So with all that being said, we still love the unit. Itís frustrating but we really enjoy using this unit. We do not tow it and keep it in a long term park that we visit on weekends barring bad weather for fishing. Thus thereís not much wear and tear on it for the issues weíve had. I really enjoy the space, king size bed, large storage areas and the heated recliners. This was our first RV so we really should done a better job on the walk thru to clear up some of the smaller issues. Donít let them rush you out the door before you purchase it. Have fun and good luck. Keep your fingers crossed our issues stop. 😂
bocallaghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 09:20 AM   #37
Going Solo

Lets just say I'm not surprised. I realize that all RV manufacturer's are, well, less than great to work with. Although I did have more successes with Thor. Anyways, no more FR for me. I'm about to sink ANOTHER $4000 into a leaking slide that has been on-going since 2013. This particular Brookstone Diamond is a hunk of coal! (NEW 2012 FL385) The entire adventure has been a complete failure; dealer closed 12 months after purchasing, FR's Customer Service idiot out west was, well, an idiot. The kitchen floor has NEVER been right. We were told it was giving due to the duct work, interior walls have bowed out in several places, Interior trim around the slides has been separating from from the slide wall since we bought it. Oh, and NONE of the heat vent covers fit correctly, including the screws popping out...OUCH! So, at this stage of the tragedy, all I can do is keeping shelling out the dough. I truly believe this unit was a reject from the beginning, the dealer was going out of business and we, sadly and unknowingly, stepped right in it. Stinks. Good luck to you. You're going to need lots.
tjwdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 09:08 AM   #38

2013 RESS 831
6 years old and falling apart...had to replace microwave after 5 years..kitchen faucet after 3 years..all 4 tires after 3 years..just got back from Florida here's my pics of damage from bad pot holes..these RV's are not built for traveling ... sorry...didn't get a pic of my blinds falling off..right now I have 3M tape holding them upClick image for larger version

Name:	20190403_170538.jpeg
Views:	45
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	200844Click image for larger version

Name:	20190403_170610.jpeg
Views:	45
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	200845Click image for larger version

Name:	20190404_151140.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	200846Click image for larger version