Old 12-06-2018, 03:22 PM   #1

Forest River Spoiled Me

Over the years we have owned several different FR products from a towable to a motor home. This time we decided to buy a different manufacturer product and boy are we kicking ourselves in the behinds. Yes the FR products had some minor issues but all were handled quickly, professionally and quickly. The unit we have now has had more issues than all of the FR products added together. Your right, should of stuck with a good thing. The layout of our new unit was just what we were looking for and in our budget.
I know some will disagree with me from reading on the forum. This was just my experience. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

adrinkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:58 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrinkard View Post
I know some will disagree with me from reading on the forum. This was just my experience. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.
So true! I'm on other RV forums and I see complaints about every brand and manufacturer, including the Airstream.
Issues are an industry-wide problem and throughout every brand.
By the way, your profile stills shows you own a Georgetown.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:23 PM   #3

I think I corrected it this time.
Thanks
adrinkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrinkard View Post
Over the years we have owned several different FR products from a towable to a motor home. This time we decided to buy a different manufacturer product and boy are we kicking ourselves in the behinds. Yes the FR products had some minor issues but all were handled quickly, professionally and quickly. The unit we have now has had more issues than all of the FR products added together. Your right, should of stuck with a good thing. The layout of our new unit was just what we were looking for and in our budget.
I am just the opposite, having owned two "Fleetwood" products before I bought my MicroLite. Granted the TT's I previously owned were from the old days (I keep my TT's until I've squeezed every bit of value out of them) but so far I haven't had any of the issues I see complained about on this forum.

Only real problem (other than wiring that didn't meet MY standards) was how the factory installed the water filter. A couple of sheet metal screws into the "Door Skin" plywood on the side of the water pump compartment were just begging to fall out. Simple solution though. A piece of 1X4 finish lumber secured to corners and glued to "door skin", then securing the filter housing to it. If I'd thought about it I would have gone the "Cadillac route" installing T-Nuts and using machine screws to secure the filter housing.

I think one thing in my favor is that I'm the only human that is using the trailer. No kids to jump on things or improperly close doors, etc. Yes, things are light weight but cared for properly (by not overloading primarily) and I expect to squeeze all the value out of this TT as I did the others (a 1972 and 1995 model).

I guess I too am spoiled by the quality FR turned out when they built my trailer. I'm guessing they built more than just mine with the same quality as well.

Politically Incorrect since 1943

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:40 PM   #5
Chris and Cecil

Fr spoiled me

Having only owned 2 FR products, both micro lites, and no other FR line, or brand of rvs, my only basis for comparison is the other brands we looked at before purchasing ours.

And, Murphy ‘s law being what it is , as soon as I post this the wheels will probably fall off ours.

But I have to say how lucky we feel that we have experienced ZERO problems with our tt and agree that we are impressed with the quality of our unit compared to the other brands we looked at. Will always go to FR for any future changes in our RVing.
Alabama Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 05:11 PM   #6

FR

I have to agree. We are in our third Forest River T/T and have had few problems at all. Any problems we had were fixed in a timely manner with no real hassles.

Happy motoring!
Tow Haul 3.55 rear
Hingham, Mass.
capt104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:08 PM   #7

I'm going to jump in and agree. We have lot's of friends with different Manufacturers of trailers, 5th wheels, motor homes. We have had a few issues, but FR has come through, worked with us in a timely manner, and now that we are at year 3, we continue to use our trailer every month and thoroughly enjoy the experience. We have friends selling trailers because they are so frustrated. I am thankful we own a FR. I think they are a notch above others. But I do wish the industry would get better.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:31 PM   #8
NH Maple Maker

Another happy camper here. I bought my 2014 V-Cross by FR in the summer of 2017 expecting to have problems. I have only had one problem, the Dometic 300 toilet wouldn't hold water. The dealer replaced it free of charge in a timely manner. We have taken six camping trips with it in the year plus that we've owned it and couldn't be happier.

My V-Cross is a Vee nose trailer and I have found that it is a curiosity magnet. At every campground that we go to people want to see what it looks like on the inside. All of them are impressed with the floor plan and overall quality.

My daughter and son in law bought a new Coleman TT in 2017 and it was at the dealer more than they had it. The dealer even kept it over the winter to supposedly get it fixed during their slow time. The dealer never did fix everything to my son in laws satisfaction.

2014 V Cross VIBE 822VRBS

2017 Silverado 1500 crew cab 4x4
russhd1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:06 PM   #9
Georgia Rally Coordinator

I have owned several 5th wheels by other manufactures and had good results and few issues. Last 5er I traded for a FR tt and here again very few issues and warranty fixed. I'm now on my 2nd FR tt and having just as good of luck with it also. I think the folks that build the V-Lites do a better job over all as I see few folks with issues. If I where to buy another tt yes Id by a FR tt. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10 gear
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped 2017 62
Days camped 2018 67
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:49 PM   #10
MCTroy

We have been very happy with our Windjammer. A friend of ours bought a new SOB TT and the shower drain was left unattached from the factory. He had other problems too. Another friend had a supposedly high dollar/ high quality trailer. The wiring was backwards and they like our camper better dining and spending the evening in. FR does ok as far as I am concerned.

MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, led