Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2014, 09:17 AM   #41

I think a Member owes (Susan Thornberg of Forrest River) a (Apology)! Read (Whos Problem is This?) Post #44 dated (6/26/2014). "Gang up on the Factory Guy" This sure applies Here! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:23 AM   #42
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I think a Member owes (Susan Thornberg of Forrest River) a (Apology)! Read (Whos Problem is This?) Post #44 dated (6/26/2014). "Gang up on the Factory Guy" This sure applies Here! Youroo!!
X2, I do believe jbcz3 owes the forum and more importantly, Susan Thornberg of Forest River a written apology. Thanks FROG Bob for running this to ground.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:31 AM   #43

Nope I was referring to the Poster of Post# (44)! Youroo!!
Old 06-30-2014, 12:29 PM   #44
Site Team

i think many who complain here, don't realize that it's an industry-wide problem.
because i'm a member of a number of RV forums, i see complaints with all brands, not just FR.
but because this is a brand-specific Forum, all the complaints tend to be directed to FR brands.

here's an example of what i see on other RV forums(this is directed at Keystone RV, which was recently voted #1 RV manufacturer and its parent company, Thor Industries):

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Keystone RV & Thor Industries
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:52 PM   #45
nosaint3

I had no problem with FR warranty. The old guy sent parts to the mobile repair guy and he then fixed one thing. After I faxed all info plus check copy, it took a month to catch up to me as I traveled. I still have one part stored until I can stop to get it fixed. It cost FR $184.** to change a water pump that I would have changed for nothing. Cost me 55.00 service charge. Frigidaire didn't charge anything for fixing the microwave or the leaky refrigerator. They came out once to fix the hose to the ice maker that leaked and three times to troubleshoot and fix the microwave. It was a tough one that required lots of parts changes.
nosaint3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:59 PM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

I can tell you I'm one of the ones who uses the forums to check out a brand before I buy. I have been on the forest river forum for a while checking it out. I read the good, the bad and the ugly. I throw out the extremists and I do follow threads through. I actually like to see what and how an issue was resolved. I bought my old Zinger both because of the positive customer service I saw and we liked the trailer. I was not disappointed. Now I have my down payment on a new Sabre because we really like the floor plan and quality. The posts on these forums help me feel at ease in my purchase (with exception to the water filter thing). I want to thank everyone for posting their problems and follow ups as well as their positive and negative reviews. It does help those buying as long as you can see past rants.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:14 PM   #47
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Nope I was referring to the Poster of Post# (44)! Youroo!!
Youroo, in my web view, this post that I quoted is #43 and #44 is bikendan's just below you. Referring to post #s in a post isn't necessarily helpful (especially for app. users where the post # isn't readily visible) - IMO, link to it or just simply man up and name names (I assume you're trying to call out Herk).

If so, he did:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Thanks Bob. My heart felt apologies to Susan.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:47 PM   #48
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
X2, I do believe jbcz3 owes the forum and more importantly, Susan Thornberg of Forest River a written apology. Thanks FROG Bob for running this to ground.
I checked and that person hasn't posted here since 9/21 ..2013, right after her rant. Not likely she'll come back and own up, much less apologize.

BTW, I just found out some new good news about Route 66 dealers. In talking to my warranty lady, I found out that if you bought from a Route 66 certified dealer and you're into your extended warranty period, no matter WHICH Route 66 dealer you use for work, you get a discount on your $100.00 deductible....instead of $100.00 it's $34.00. They deduct $66.00 from it.

So I'll say it again; Forest River Products + Route 66 Dealer= A Winning Combination.

(she cited other advantages but I didn't catch them all, so I'll try to get them written out when we pick our 5er up Saturday morning)

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:51 PM   #49

Boy I am glad you cleared that up? Youroo!! Per Eppys last Post!
Old 06-30-2014, 05:59 PM   #50
NELA

I got it yooroo:

Read (Whos Problem is This?) Post #44 dated (6/26/2014).

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:34 PM   #51

We knew up front the "buy local" thing. However, the only "local" dealer that would even touch the Flagstaff 27HWKS my wife wanted, wouldn't even budge on their price. We are in southern NJ & that dealer is in Media PA. When we found our unit in IN for $3k less, we didn't ask them to match the lower price, just meet us 1/2 way. They wouldn't budge a penny. In fact, they thru the"buy local" in our face. No problem, we bought our in IN. We'll make the trip(there) if necessary. Turns out it's $4k cheaper after taxes with the lower price. This Spring/Summer we've needed our first warranty work. No local place would touch it, not even Rockwood (which was suggested by FR). Tried CW, but after 2 weeks, they said go to the dealer. So, heading to the dealer in a month & making a trip out of it. Still won't cost us the $4k cost difference for quite a few more trips if needed. However, the orig. dealer warranty expires end of August, then can use our extended warranty anywhere. So one trip to IN for warranty work & we'll still be $3.5k ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
macshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:44 PM   #52
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by macshane View Post
that dealer is in Media PA.
My experience with this "so called" dealer is very similar; except I did not have the forum then to warn me off. I "bought local" and still got screwed (except it was the back shop trying to make up for any missed dollars out front due to my haggling).

Will buy from the best deal from now on.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:14 PM   #53

Had the same problem with our AC . Fortunately our son works as a service tech where we bought our TT. He knew by my description exactly what was wrong. It came from the factory that way! Moved that sensor and our AC has worked like a charm since.
Jefferysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:52 PM   #54

I just read this whole thread and the only thing I would say about owing the FR rep an apology is she should have wrote back to him before a month went by. So they both have some sorrys to say.
harderd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:54 PM   #55

Forest River Warranty and Service

The OP had three busy days of posting and dropped off the grid. LOL. Thanks Bob for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:00 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Well Herk it would be pretty easy to check out, just call the # and ask for this person. I have gotten emails saying that they will take care of my problem without a authorization # you just use that email as a reference. Now people have come to the point that we criticize people who are tiring to help because that is not the way you would do it or is P/C correct in your opinion. Before you say that this is not true I would call the # and ask for the person, It was provided in the email. They pay these people $8.00 per hour, most do not even go to high school, by Amish law. He got an answer and now just needs to verify it.

I called it-it's a valid number!
Old 12-03-2014, 05:17 PM   #57

Happy with forest river. They have performed at 100 percent with the very few issues I have had with my Surveyor. They even paid for a on site issue because I was not able to move my TT at the time. They are a outstanding a supportive organization. Just my opinion.
mikelavonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:51 PM   #58

I agree that Forest River is great.
My tv went out after just a few weeks and after contacting them they allowed me to buy a tv locally that was bigger, better and a smart tv at that, and reimbursed me full amount including tax within a week.
Very happy

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 12-04-2014, 04:04 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapperman View Post
I agree that Forest River is great.
My tv went out after just a few weeks and after contacting them they allowed me to buy a tv locally that was bigger, better and a smart tv at that, and reimbursed me full amount including tax within a week.
Very happy

Yours is one of the thousands of positive, compared to the few not so happy campers. All Manufacturers have problems. I also feel for the unlucky owners, but I have found that it has always been taken care of, even through we do not hear it. It would be nice if the site team made that rule to let people know the out come, so we would all know how it was finally resolved.... Keep the faith FR is a very good company. Sounds like they took good care of you...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:37 PM   #60

Your right gljurzyk. What other large corporation would give you and email and phone number directly to the corporate/manufacture office and always reply in 48 hours or less.
I had a few other issues and they always came through.
Forest River has been a great company to do business with.

Tags
forest river, warranty