Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2014, 04:10 PM   #1

Garmin RV with camera

Last summer I purchased the Garmin RV760 and ordered the camera as well. I tested the camera on my Rockwood 8289 but never mounted it. Right away I found that I would need the extension cable offered from Garmin for this camera. By the time I got the camera and the cable the fifth wheel was covered and forgotten for the winter.

I recently traded the Rockwood for a Wildcat and finally got around to mounting the camera.

All worked pretty well as far as viewing through the Garmin but I was pretty unhappy with the picture quality. Lighting is a huge issue and shadows really mess up the view. My previous RV was a class A that had a factory backup system. The difference in the camera was ridiculous.

I talked to the people at Wildcat and oredered the Voyager that is designed to hook up to the Wildcat. I will see if there is an improvement and let you know.

I marked this with a negative because I was not happy with it. In all fairness it did what it was designed to do. It is far better than none at all.