Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2018, 01:14 PM   #21
ARLO

We have Visited That plant it twice and were impressed both times. We would definitely buy another Flagstaff trailer. It’s been great. With no problems.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:56 PM   #22
Enjoying Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
They give you a time line as to when production will cease? Later RJD
During our tour in August, it was said that what we were seeing assembled would be the last. I don't know if he meant what was actually on the floor or what remaining parts were staged to be built. Either way it seemed he meant in just days.

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 07:01 PM   #23

I had a very different experience at the Hemet plant. I’m confident that my Wildwood will not last the 20 years my last toyhauler did.
jaymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 07:26 PM   #24

We have been offered a tour of the Palomino Puma factory as we have had several issues with our brand new 5th Wheel and their lack of quality control. Maybe we will take them up on it in view of your report.
skimo8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:45 AM   #25

I recently read that the RV/ travel trailer industry is going to be hard hit by the steel tariffs being put into place, so better get 'em now before the prices go up (and people quit buying)..it may have been just more of the 'fake news' being spread around these days, but still I thought I would throw it out there..
mrfikser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 09:22 AM   #26

I emailed Forest River in the Spring to see if I could arrange a tour of the Georgetown plant when traveling through Indiana this past July. Never heard back from them.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 07:40 AM   #27

Glad to hear this about Rockwood because I was starting to have my doubts. My first impressions were awesome, but that has changed after 5 camping trips. We bought a Mini lite 2509s last year. Overall, I love the TT and it fits my family perfect. However, each time we use it, another issue pops up. Hopefully they stop. Most are minor such as the wood shavings in the hot water lines or the leaking propane regulator. The last one has me worried. The first few inches of the awning is separating in the front where it attaches to the trailer. Since this happened after the warranty expired, I'm hoping its minor and I can fix it myself.
Den69RS96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood