Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #1

New Product for TV

I am not sure if its permissible to promote a new product on here, but I have to share this one with you. First let me say I am in no way connect with this company or their products, but I just purchase the DISH Tailgater satellite and its wonderful. The cost was only 350.00 and it works with my home Dish Network receiver. All I had to do was plug if up to the the receiver and and it automatically located the satellite. I weights less than five pounds and is self contained. This is much easier than setting up my old dish on the tripod and its half the price of the competitors models. The HD reception is great.
brw549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:13 PM   #2

Are you talking about this one? If so there are lots out there like it. How big is this one?

Ruben Zamora
2007 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Dmax/Allison, 4" Exhaust-no cat-no muffler
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB
RubenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:24 PM   #3

RubenZ not sure what you are referring to.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:32 PM   #4

RubenZ I found your attachment. Yes, its the same product, I am sure there are others on the market, but I was sharing the info based on price, simplicity and quality of the picture
Old 09-15-2011, 05:22 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

my method

altho I bet that thing works great ......... If you don't have 350.00 .... I got an hd dish from an installer for free mounted it on a halogen work light stand and I can have it pointed and a signal in less than 5 minutes . Also taking my spare hd dvr receiver from home .
I downloaded a digital compass on my android phone and set it on the ground at 210 degrees south west and line up the lnb arm to it and ive got instant signal .

if i ever find the "tailgater" one used on ebay for cheap i might be interested but for now ive got no money invested ........ Not to bag what you got but some people may not want to spend the money is all .

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:24 PM   #6
Site Team - Lou

I like the work stand idea.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:33 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
I like the work stand idea.

I saved it for some reason when the halogen work lights stopped working .

It works perfect it folds up and collapses this dish is the bulky part and i just set it on the bed for the trip home .

I will post pics in my profile tomorrow .
Old 04-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #8

I looked at this one and it looked good and costs less then other options, for Dish.
It will not give you HD with DirecTV and that is what I have at home and had wanted to just take one of my home receivers to the 5er and go, but no go with HD.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Same here need the hd
Old 04-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #10

I've been looking into the tailgater and plan to purchase the package when we return from Italy at the end of May. I like the idea of a full automatic satellite antenna. I can get the antenna, High Definition receiver, and 25 feet of coax for $489 at the local RV dealer.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
I've been looking into the tailgater and plan to purchase the package when we return from Italy at the end of May. I like the idea of a full automatic satellite antenna. I can get the antenna, High Definition receiver, and 25 feet of coax for $489 at the local RV dealer.

sounds like a pretty good price oakman .
do they have a website with a link ?
Old 04-24-2012, 01:21 PM   #12

They do have a website but I don't think they do online sales. I couldn't even find the Tailgater on their website. Here's the link to Byerly RV.

Missouri RV Dealer | St Louis Missouri's #1 source for Tiffin, Four Winds, Keystone

Byerly's price is only about 10 bucks cheaper than if you order it directly from Dish TV. I think Dish TV is really smart with their marketing campaign of pay-as-you-go to RV'ers. No fees for starting or stopping service and you can do it as often as you want (supposedly). I like the idea of stopping the service when my fifth wheel is in winter storage.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote